Hairstyles are often expected to make a statement. They must live up to the career or lifestyle a woman is called to. Women in positions of power face the difficult task of wearing a hairstyle that lives up to the expectations of coworkers and often the public. The style must be both conservative and stylish - both powerful and feminine. You will find that national news anchor women wear styles that fit these criteria. Diane Sawyer ranks number 62 among the 100 most powerful women in the United States. She is the first female co-anchor of “60 minutes” and has interviewed powerful men such as President George W. Bush and Manuel Noriega.
Ms. Sawyer’s hairstyle is famous for its flowing but conservative lines and pale blond color. At a length that just brushes the shoulder, her style may be referred to as bob but is more accurately a page boy.
The face-framing layering provides fullness and highlights her eyes. The fringe can be styled off the face into a side bang for a reporting the news or attending a business meeting. Those same layers can be styled forward into flirtatious bangs for a night out. Layers in the crown and toward the back are longer. The perimeter is slightly tapered allowing the ends to curve under or to turn out into a fun flip.
This style is quick and very easy to style, giving you plenty of time to get to the office.
- Shampoo this style with products designed for your hair texture. If your hair is fine, use body building shampoo and conditioner. If your hair is coarse or curly, you may want to use smoothing products.
- Apply an extra hold styling foam for fine hair or smoothing serum for coarse or curly hair.
- Blow your hair dry using a large round brush.
- Roll the brush back from your face for the side bangs and part it after it is dry.
- If you wish to wear the bangs down, roll your hair back as stated above and when it is almost dry, roll a small section of bangs forward. This gives fullness and avoids creating too much curl.
The beautiful pale blonde hair color adds to the softness and glamour or the style but is anything but the “dumb blonde” stereotype. To get this look, lighten your hair to an extra light blond shade. Remove all traces of gold. To give the color dimension, highlight with very fine strands of white blonde and lowlight with light ash blonde. By keeping the base color, highlights and lowlights close in color and by using very fine strands, the hair color is naturally sophisticated.
Ebook - The Secrets of Ageless Women
Secrets gathered from the women with timeless beauty.
Learn their tricks and tips for lasting beauty.
Whether you use every tip or just one or two suggestions, you will be rewarded with a more youthful and stylish appearance.