As a professional hairdresser, my blow dryer is important to me. There are several features I look for in purchasing a new dryer.
- Power is important. I don’t want to spend more time than is necessary in drying a guest’s hair. It is important to me at home as well. My hair is thick and I like to dry it as quickly as possible.
- New technology. Does this dryer leave the hair in the best condition possible?
- Weight. I like a blow dryer that has the above qualities and is also lightweight. At the salon, after working all day, dryer weight plays a role in my energy level. At home, with my arm held above my head, weight is even more important.
- Noise level. How loud is it? Listening to the loud whine of some hair dryers is annoying.
- Electrical cord length. A long cord is essential in the salon where ease of movement is important. At home, the electrical outlet is close to the mirror but that isn’t always the case if I am traveling and staying in a motel.
- Settings and Accessories Is it versatile enough for use in the salon and at home?
The H2pro Nano Ultra Light 1900 Blow Dryer excels in each of these categories.
- Power and New Technology:
- It uses ceramic, and tourmaline technology.
Ceramic heating elements heat quickly and are lighter weight than the older metal coils.
Tourmaline is a semi-precious metal. It is a natural source of negative ions and far infrared rays.
- Negative Ions in the air flow help to break down the water particles in wet hair. The particles become smaller droplets that can be dried faster, reducing the drying time by up to 60 per cent. Since the hair dries faster, it is exposed to less heat and is kept in better condition. Since the air from the blow dryer is working more efficiently (drying hair faster,) the dryer motor can be of lower wattage than older dryers.
- Infrared heat warms the hair from the inside out causing less surface damage. The heat is distributed evenly making it easier and faster to straighten hair.
It weighs much less than many other dryers – only 12.65 ounces. After using it for a busy week in the salon, I appreciated the difference. The weight also makes it a good choice for travel. It is light enough to pack in a suitcase, yet powerful enough to get my hair dry.
- Noise level
I like the sound of the dryer. It is quiet. All you hear is the force of the air – not the typical whine of the motor.
- Electrical Cord Length
The H2pro has a very long cord – perfect for salon use and for motels with few electrical outlets.
It has 3 heat settings: cool, warm, and high.
It has two speeds: low and high.
The dryer comes with a diffuser attachment (with fingers) to dry wavy or curly hair and a concentrator attachment for concentrating the heat in one area.
It dries hair fast. I tested it on various textures of hair. The drying time was up to 50% faster than previous dryers.
For more information visit the H2pro Website.