• The Shoveller, Blue Raja, and Mr. Furious are leaving the building after the Red Eyes fiasco. Mr. Furious is holding a blue ice pack. Mr. Furious begins yelling at Police Officer McGuire. When Mr. Furious says “I will keep dreaming”, the close-up view shows he’s pointing at McGuire with his right hand and he’s holding the blue ice pack with the same hand. But the back view shows his right hand is by his side and he’s pointing with his left hand. It’s back in the original position in the next front view.
• At the parole hearing for Casanova Frankenstein, “Lance Hunt” reads a letter from Captain Amazing. At the end he folds the letter in half lengthwise. But, a few moments later, the letter is unfolded. It’s folded again a moment later when he puts it in his jacket.
• The Bowler tries out to be part of the team. When she says “I guess I’ll take my ball and go home”, the overhead view of her shows her turning to leave. It then cuts to a close-up view of her where she turns to leave again.
• When the Bowler and the Shoveller are having words after Furious leaves the camp, there is a tape measure around Shoveller’s neck. At first it’s hanging tightly around the inside of his shirt collar. When the Blue Raja begins to speak, the tape measure is loose, near his shoulder.
• The team is back at Dr. Heller’s hideout after the Captain Amazing mishap. During the scene the Shoveller is making a bowl of egg salad. At one point he’s shown putting a spoonful of mayo in the salad. The jar of mayonnaise is next to him on the table. A few moments later, when the Shoveller says “We can’t run” and talks about egg salad, the mayonnaise jar is gone. It’s back again when he says “this is our fight”.
“Mystery Men” (1999) stars Ben Stiller, Hank Azaria, William H. Macy, Janeane Garofalo, Kel Mitchell, Paul Reubens, Wes Studi, Greg Kinnear, Geoffrey Rush, Lena Olin and Eddie Izzard. It runs 121 minutes and is rated PG-13 for comic action violence and crude humor.
Get your copy of "Mystery Men" here:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Isla Grey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Isla Grey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Isla Grey for details.