7 Ways To Create A Special Fantasy Cruise
Check out these seven features and attractions that will make your Disney Fantasy cruise extra special:
1. New Oceaneer Club Kids Areas. Disney Fantasy’s Oceaneer Club is an exceptional area for children ages 3-12. Older kids ages 11-12 can also go to Disney Fantasy’s tweens club, but they'll definitely want to come here as well. The newly added spaces and immersive activities on this ship are extraordinary.
Disney Fantasy’s Oceaneer Club now has a Marvel Super Hero Academy with its own unique and very special set of heroes. This space is designed to resemble Dr. Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum. Kids on Disney Fantasy can learn the mystic arts with Doctor Strange, opening portals to places all around the Marvel universe. The Disney Fantasy Marvel Super Hero Academy marks Doctor Strange's first in-person appearances on a Disney Cruise Line ship. Kids at the Oceaneer Club also have the chance to meet the mighty Thor and learn what it takes to be a real hero. From Marvel's Super Heroes, the kids learn about the importance of values like loyalty, enlightenment and worthiness. Disney Fantasy’s Oceaneer Club also has exclusive super hero courses, video games and immersive experiences that aren't available on other Disney ships.
In the new Star Wars: Command Post area, kids can train with their heroes from the Star Wars saga and help with missions against the First Order. They'll meet members of The Resistance and learn to channel the Force. Kids will be thrilled when BB-8, First Order Stormtroopers and other figures from the Star Wars saga come to visit as well. One of the coolest features is interacting with holographic models at Disney Fantasy's one-of-a-kind Star Wars holotable, which projects 3-D images of the Millennium Falcon, the Death Star and other Star Wars ships. The Star Wars: Command Post area also has individual flight training simulators, allowing kids to choose their mission and test their skills.
Meeting heroes and other memorable activities at the Oceaneer Club are scheduled during specific times, so check your family’s daily Personal Navigator newsletter or the Disney Cruise Line app to see what’s going on. If your kids want to meet a specific hero or take part in a certain course, talk with the Oceaneer Club Youth Counselors and they can tell you exactly when it's scheduled so you won’t miss it.
2. Sweet on You. This cool specialty ice cream shop offers hand-crafted ice cream and gelato, specialty sundaes, homemade chocolates, truffles and all types of candy. Themed after cartoon shorts starring Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, this sweet shop features 20 different flavors of gelato and 16 different flavors of ice cream which change throughout the cruise. Oreo is the most popular flavor of gelato, but Sweet on You has a number of unique varieties like caramel popcorn, oatmeal cookie and red velvet cake. Strawberry and mint chocolate chip are the most popular flavors of ice cream. Senses Juice Bar is another awesome spot located in Disney Fantasy's Senses Spa & Salon. The juice bar features a wide variety of freshly squeezed juices and made-to-order smoothies made from fresh fruits and vegetables. It's the perfect place to go for a pick-me-up after a workout, massage or a full day ashore.
3. Tiffany & Co. Disney Fantasy's exclusive new Tiffany & Co. store is the first joint collaboration for Disney Cruise Line and Tiffany. This upscale store is a great place for guests to celebrate and commemorate special moments made on a Disney cruise. Guests can browse Tiffany's iconic collections of jewelry and luxury accessories, including the Tiffany T collection and pieces featuring Tiffany diamonds. There's even a collection of Tiffany diamond engagement rings for those who may want to pop the question on their Disney cruise. Tiffany merchandise prices start at $125 on Disney Fantasy. If you’ve found the perfect gift while shopping and want to leave a hint for someone, Tiffany’s staff can help make that dream come true. Just ask about their special “Drop a Hint” service.
4. Disney Character Appearances. Character greetings are a large part of the Disney Cruise Line experience, making special memories that last a lifetime. There are a wide variety of free Disney character Meet and Greet opportunities on the Disney Fantasy with characters including Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Chip & Dale, Pluto, Goofy, Peter Pan, Aladdin and others. While some are impromptu, many take place during specific times. It’s important to check your daily Personal Navigator newsletter or the Disney Cruise Line app for all the details and arrive about 10-15 minutes in advance. Disney Princess Gatherings and Frozen Meet and Greet character encounters are in high demand and space is limited, so reserve these online in advance or check with Disney Fantasy’s Port Adventures Desk immediately after boarding to see if tickets for specific time slots are being offered.
5. AquaDuck Waterslide. One of the Disney Fantasy's most exciting features is AquaDuck, a thrilling 765-foot long water coaster. This waterslide powers riders through a winding acrylic tube suspended in the air along the length of the ship, even taking them off the side of the ship for great birds-eye views. Ride the AquaDuck during the daytime and again at night to get the full experience. Guests can also enjoy AquaLab, a 1,800-square-foot water play area on the Fantasy's upper deck that features geysers, pop-up jets, squirting walls and more. AquaLab is a great "get wet" alternative to the main pool area for kids, while younger tots can play at Nemo's Reef.
6. First-Run Disney Movies and Entertainment. Disney Cruise Line truly excels at entertainment and it’s obvious on Disney Fantasy. The Broadway-caliber shows in Disney Fantasy’s Walt Disney Theatre are outstanding. Guests can also enjoy the free first-run movies in the Buena Vista Theater. Popular Disney films are also shown throughout the day on the ship’s big movie screen and there’s a complimentary on-demand library available in staterooms as well. All of the Disney shows, movies and entertainment are a great opportunity for families to enjoy time together and make lasting vacation memories.
7. Pirate Night Adventures. One of the most exciting entertainment features on a Disney cruise is Pirate Night, complete with fireworks and appearances by Captain Jack Sparrow and a full entourage of pirates. This event includes a huge “Pirates In The Caribbean” show and deck party under the stars. To look their best for Disney Fantasy's pirate party night, kids and kids-at-heart can head to Disney Fantasy’s Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique to receive a complete pirate party transformation. It's best to make your Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique reservations in advance online, but guests can also check for available time slots after boarding. For the best fireworks view, arrive on Deck 12 starboard about 45 minutes before the show starts. You won’t want to miss a moment of this experience.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Nancy Schretter. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Nancy Schretter. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Nancy Schretter for details.