Stir Fried Sugar Snap Peas with Garlic Recipe
These stir fried snap peas with garlic are easy to make and are great served as a side for lunch or dinner. The most time consuming part of this recipe is preparing the snap peas. They are rinsed and dried, and then trimmed. Some chefs trim them by cutting off both ends and then removing the string from the one side, which is what this recipe entails. However there are some cooks who don’t bother trimming them at all. If they are not trimmed the string will sometimes get stuck in between the teeth, which is not very pleasant especially when serving this to company. You may also be able to find these pre trimmed in some grocery stores.
This recipe also uses extra virgin olive oil, which makes it healthy and does not compete with the other flavors in this dish. However you can also use vegetable oil, canola oil, or peanut oil as well.
1lb. of sugar snap peas
2 tsp pre chopped garlic
½ tsp Salt
Oil for frying (Evoo)
- First prepare the sugar snap peas by rinsing them under cold running water and then drying them thoroughly. Then using your fingers or a knife snap off each of the ends and pull the hard string down and off from the side.
- Next measure out the pre chopped garlic. Pre chopped garlic can usually be found in small jars in the produce section of most local grocery stores. Using this saves a lot of time in dicing garlic, especially if you use garlic often. If it is unavailable, you can simply dice two small garlic cloves.
- Next, heat a wok on medium high.
- Once it’s hot add a tablespoon of the olive oil and let it get hot.
- When the oil is hot add in the sugar snap peas and stir fry for 2½ minutes. Sprinkle in the salt while stir frying the peas.
- Then after 2½ minutes add the chopped garlic and stir fry for another minute. The garlic is added in later to this dish so that it doesn’t burn. Garlic has a tendency to burn quickly and adding it later to a stir fry lessens the chance of that happening.
- Then remove it from the heat and serve immediately.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Lila Voo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lila Voo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Lila Voo for details.