Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Nutella and Bananas Foster French Toast Recipe
Nutella and bananas foster baked French toast can be prepared the night before and popped in the oven the next morning. It is a perfect recipe for a holiday brunch, such as Easter or Mother's Day. Preparing it the night before frees up your morning to enjoy with guests. And best of all this is a really easy recipe with spectacular results.
There is nothing better than Nutella and banana, the combination is delicious! Nutella is a chocolate and hazelnut spread. It is one of my favorite treats and is scrumptious with everything! This French toast is truly a decadent breakfast.
Nutella and Bananas Foster Baked French Toast Recipe
Makes 8 servings
French Toast Recipe
1 loaf of French bread
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup Nutella
1. Spray a 9x13 glass baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Cut the French bread into 1 inch to 1 1/2 inch thick slices.
3. Spread the Nutella on half of the bread slices.
4. Arrange the Nutella slices in the baking pan, Nutella side up.
5. Top with the remaining bread slices.
6. In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract together.
7. Pour over the French bread slices.
8. Refrigerate at least one hour or overnight.
9. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees when ready to bake.
10. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
11. 5-10 minutes before the French toast is finished baking, prepare the Bananas Foster Syrup.
Bananas Foster Syrup Recipe
1/2 stick of butter (1/4 cup)
1 tbsp. water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. cinnamon
4 medium bananas, sliced
1. In a sauce pan melt butter over low heat.
2. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and water until combined and smooth.
3. Heat mixture until it thickens like a syrup.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Slice the bananas and add to syrup.
6. Pour over French toast.
7. Serve immediately.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2013 by Michelle Matile. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Michelle Matile. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Michelle Matile for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.