Guest Author - Michelle Matile
Valentine’s Day is just the occasion to celebrate with a decadent chocolate dessert. This flourless chocolate cake is the perfect indulgence. It is rich and delicious on its own. However, you can serve it with ice cream or whipped cream. This dessert is easy to make and can be made ahead of time. It can be served room temperature or heated in the microwave for a few seconds. This dessert is less like a cake and more similar to a decadent brownie. A Valentine’s Day dessert can be prepared for all loved ones. It can be shared with friends, kids, or the perfect treat for a girl’s only night. This dessert is a crowd pleaser.
Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
Makes a 10 inch cake
12 oz. good quality chocolate
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup water of flavored liqueur (Kahlua or a chocolate liqueur)
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a double boiler melt the chocolate, butter, and coconut oil, constantly stirring. A double boiler is placing a bowl or pan over another pan with water heated over low heat. It is a gentler way to heat your chocolate and avoid burning.
3. Once the chocolate is melted and smooth remove it from heat.
4. Add the sugar and baking cocoa and stir until smooth.
5. Add the vanilla and flavored liqueur or water and continue stirring until smooth.
6. Allow the chocolate mixture to sit for 5 minutes to cool before adding the eggs.
7. Add the 5 eggs, one at a time, whisking after each one.
8. Pour into a greased 10 inch springform pan.
9. Bake for 45-50 minutes. The middle will still jiggle slightly when done.
10. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes.
11. Run a knife around the sides to loosen from the pan.
12. Remove the side of the springform pan.
13. Optional: Dust with confectioner’s sugar.
14. Serve with either ice cream or whipped cream.
15. Any leftovers should be stored in an airtight container.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!