Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
5 Step Process For Writing Killer Copy
Although at first glance it may seem very easy, writing sales copy that actually converts is quite difficult. Anyone who has ever ventured down this road themselves, has discovered a myriad of brick walls and stumbling blocks.
The reason it is so difficult is because consumers have varied buying patterns and habits for different types of items that they buy. It is not a clear line between business purchases and personal as one might think.
If you want to try your hand at writing your own sales copy for your own purposes then remember it can be a frustrating road. However, if you conquer it, you will have a skill that will pay you many times over in helping you to convert more customers for your products or services.
Here are five steps to help get your started:
1. In order to get your brain fired up have a drink with caffeine in it. Coffee is ideal. I know this sounds crazy, but it always works for me.
2. Now start loading your brain with all the information you can on the topic of the sales letter. This is simply an information gathering process. Don’t attempt to write anything at this point. Just read all you can on the subject and let it all sink in. Once your brain is exhausted, then....
3. Take a Break. Take the dog for a walk, have a shower, cook dinner, play with the kids. Just do something completely different. Don’t think that this is a waste of time. Your subconscious mind is working on all you have learned.
4. After a few hours or even a day or two (if you have the time), warm up by writing a killer sales letter in your own handwriting. Do this for about 10-15 minutes or until you have filled two to three pages. Warning: Do not do this on your computer. You must write it out in longhand. Somehow having pen on paper engages the brain more fully. Once the warm up exercise is complete you can go onto the next step.
5. Transition into writing the sales letter. Now that your body and brain are all warmed up and raring to go, you can transition into writing your sales copy.
I have used this five-step process with great success for many years and it has never failed to work for me. Try it and you'll be amazed at how effective it is.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Bluedolphin Crow. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Bluedolphin Crow. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Bluedolphin Crow for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.