Guest Author - Caroline Coleman
Writing sales copy that converts can be a daunting and challenging process. Here are 5 steps to help you overcome writers block and get started writing killer copy that converts browsers into buyers.
1. In order to get your brain fired up have a drink with caffeine in it. Coffee is ideal. I know this sounds crazy, but it always works for me.
2. Now start loading your brain with all the information you can on the topic of the sales letter. This is simply an information gathering process. Don’t attempt to write anything at this point. Just read all you can on the subject and let it all sink in. Once your brain is exhausted, then....
3. Take a Break. Take the dog for a walk, have a shower, cook dinner, play with the kids. Just do something completely different. Don’t think that this is a waste of time. Your subconscious mind is working on all you have learned.
4. After a few hours or even a day or two (if you have the time), warm up by writing a killer sales letter in your own handwriting. Do this for about 10-15 minutes or until you have filled two to three pages. Warning: Do not do this on your computer. You must write it out in longhand. Somehow having pen on paper engages the brain more fully. Once the warm up exercise is complete you can go onto the next step.
5. Transition into writing the sales letter. Now that your body and brain are all warmed up and raring to go, you can transition into writing your sales copy.
I have used this five-step process with great success for many years and it has never failed to work for me. Try it and you’ll be amazed at how effective it is.