Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts Cruisers Will Love
One of the things cruise passengers like best is the somewhat all-inclusive nature of the cruise experience. Lately, we've been hearing from cruise guests who would like to enjoy a similar vacation on land and spend more time on their favorite Caribbean isles. All-inclusive resorts are a perfect fit for cruise lovers.
A true all-inclusive resort is a bit like cruising on land. In addition, there's an added plus. Cruisers will find that these all-inclusive resorts often include even more in the base price of the vacation than their favorite ship, particularly for those who enjoy sodas, alcoholic drinks, watersports, specialty restaurants, and room to spread out and explore.
If you're considering trying out a Caribbean all-inclusive resort vacation, check out some of these suggestions to match your interests:
Watersports Lovers: Cruise passengers are used to paying extra for watersports like waterskiing, snorkeling, sailing and more. These all-inclusives offer loads of water-based fun free of charge.
* Morgan Bay Beach Resort, St. Lucia is filled to the brim with free watersports such as kayaking, waterskiing, windsurfing, banana boat rides, sailing and snorkeling, plus lots of land-based activities as well. http://www.morganbayresort.com.
* Anthony's Key Resort, Roatan, Honduras offers all-inclusive packages that include daily diving excursions, snorkeling and other watersports. The dolphin activities here are an added treat. http://www.anthonyskey.com.
* Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas provides a wide variety of watersports such as waterskiing, wakeboarding, windsurfing, sailing, kayaking and snorkeling as part of their daily rates. Expert instruction is also included. http://www.clubmed.us.
Freestyle Cruise Aficionados: Love to choose from a wide variety of bars and dining options on your cruise vacations? These all-inclusives will deliver for you.
* Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, Dominican Republic offers guests plenty of dining choices with over 11 restaurants from which to choose. The beach and array of activities here are exceptional as well. http://www.barcelo.com.
* Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, Jamaica allows guests to choose from four specialty restaurants, an international buffet, and full dine around privileges throughout the entire Iberostar Rose Hall Resort. http://www.iberostar.com.
* Riu Palace Bavaro, Dominican Republic lets guests live the suite life on Punta Cana's lovely Arena Gorda beach, as all rooms at this resort are suites. Guests can choose from four specialty restaurants and the Montecristo main buffet restaurant as well as relax at five bars including a 24-hour Sports Bar. In addition, guests staying at the Riu Palace Bavaro can access the facilities at the Riu Palace Punta Cana, the Riu Bambu and the Riu Naiboa - all located within walking distance in the Riu Punta Cana Resort complex. http://www.riu.com.
Upscale Discerning Adults: Looking for a romantic setting, luxurious accommodations, and outstanding cuisine? These all-inclusive properties provide the perfect spot.
* Galley Bay Resort, Antigua evokes the exotic South Pacific with its architectural designs. The rooms, cuisine, tropical gardens and white sand beach here are superb. http://www.galleybayresort.com.
* Peter Island Resort & Spa, British Virgin Islands is a stunning destination resort with five lovely beaches, great watersports, world-class spa, and 1800+ acres to explore. http://www.peterisland.com.
* Palm Island, The Grenadines is an exclusive private island resort with 43 idyllic rooms, five white sand beaches, and an array of complimentary watersports. http://www.palmislandresortgrenadines.com.
Spa Lovers: Located in Grenada, LaSource is in a class by itself. Itís a perfect fit for many of these categories (watersports lovers, freestyle aficionados, upscale discerning adults, families with teens) but itís also a stand-out for those who crave wellness, exercise classes, and visits to the spa. One spa treatment per guest per day is included in LaSourceís all-inclusive packages. It truly is an amazing place. For more information, visit http://www.theamazingholiday.com.
Families With Babies and Toddlers: Parents of little ones can take a break when they vacation at these all-inclusives. Some even include individual vacation nannies for each family staying on property.
* Franklyn D Resort, Jamaica provides includes a personal vacation nanny for each family to help out on a daily basis during their stay at this villa-style all-inclusive property, plus the Yellow Bird Kidsí Club. http://www.fdrholidays.com.
* Morgan Bay Beach Resort, St. Lucia provides a daytime nursery for newborns through 30 months plus a Mini Club for little ones from 31 months to 4 Ĺ years as part of their all-inclusive package that's perfect for families. http://www.morganbayresort.com.
* Beaches Boscobel, Beaches Negril, Beaches Sandy Bay, Jamaica and Beaches Turks & Caicos feature Ultra Nannies in their nurseries for kids up to age 3, where tots can have fun with their favorite Sesame Street characters. http://www.beaches.com.
Families With Teens: Many cruise lines offer exceptional teen programs and club facilities. These all-inclusive resorts do an equally stellar job of keeping teens happy and entertained.
* Club Med Punta Cana, Dominican Republic gets great reviews from teens for its wealth of activities and The Ramp Passworld area for teens and tweens. http://www.clubmed.us.
* Beaches Turks & Caicos, Turks & Caicos is a standout with its Club Liquid, a cool place for tweens and teens to hang out, plus the Scratch DJ Academy, Xbox Game Garage, and so much more. http://www.beaches.com.
* Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa, Dominican Republic allows teens to cut loose at the Core Zone Teen Club with daily activities and nightly social events. http://www.dreamsresorts.com.
Budget-Oriented Vacationers: If youíre on a tight budget and seeking a vacation thatís similar to cruising, these all-inclusive resorts wonít break the bank.
* Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort, Jamaica underwent a multi-million dollar renovation, adding significant improvements to the beach, rooms, swimming and sunning areas. http://www.sunspreeresorts.com.
* Tamarijn Aruba All-Inclusive, Aruba has families raving about its lovely beach as well as the value it delivers. All guests have access to the facilities of the Divi Aruba Resort as well. http://www.tamarijnaruba.com.
* Breezes Curacao Resort Spa & Casino, Curacao offers families the value of an all-inclusive with a Dutch island flair. Guests enjoy the watersports, childrenís programs and the beach here. http://www.breezes.com.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2018 by Nancy Schretter. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Nancy Schretter. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Nancy Schretter for details.
Website copyright © 2018 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.