Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Plan An Extraordinary Cruise Getaway
For the most memorable cruise vacation experience, choose a ship that’s jam-packed with attractions and amenities. That’s Norwegian Getaway. Norwegian Cruise Line shows off an impressive array of features on this ship. Norwegian Getaway’s hallmarks include an oceanfront boardwalk lined with bars and restaurants, a massive waterpark and ropes course, top Broadway-style shows and entertainment, and one of the most extensive facilities dedicated to youth and teen programs in the fleet.
Norwegian Getaway is a great choice for families and travelers seeking a wide variety of dining venues and lounges, non-stop entertainment, and exciting activities for all ages. Here are seven of the many things vacationers will love about Norwegian Getaway:
1. Extensive Choice of Accommodations. Every type of traveler will feel at home on Norwegian Getaway. With over 2,000 staterooms, the ship offers everything from sumptuous suite and villa accommodations to solo cabins for single travelers. Innovative stateroom types include spa suites, penthouses and a variety of roomy mini suites. Guests seeking VIP treatment will love The Haven by Norwegian, a private luxury boutique hotel within the ship featuring sumptuous suites, a private restaurant, bar, pool and sundeck area, and attentive concierge service.
2. Sizzling Nightlife. The fun never stops on Norwegian Getaway. Guests can choose from a huge collections of bars and lounges ranging from the hopping Bliss Ultra Lounge to the expansive Bar at the Atrium with its two-story LED screen. Lounges such as the Sugarcane Mojito Bar and the Key West themed Sunset Bar echo the ship’s Miami roots. Located on 678 Ocean Place, Prime Meridian is a classy spot to enjoy a signature cocktail. At some time during your cruise, make sure to cool off in the SVEDKA/Inniskillin Ice Bar inspired by Scandinavia’s ice hotels. It’s a memorable experience.
3. An Adrenaline-Charged Waterpark. Norwegian Getaway’s multi-story Aqua Park features five waterslides, two pools and four hot tubs. This centrally located waterpark atop the ship will appeal to families, thrill seekers and kids at heart. Norwegian Getaway’s multi-story waterslides are mind bending and include two of the fastest waterslides at sea. Don’t miss plummeting almost straight down on The Whip and taking The Free Fall – pulling almost 4Gs. In addition to an adult pool, there’s also a mini-waterpark area that’s just the right size for little ones.
4. Wide Array of Dining Options. Food lovers won’t have a chance to be bored on Norwegian Getaway. The ship is a foodie paradise with 26 different dining choices. The Waterfront is an outdoor promenade lined with a variety of seaside venues offering stunning ocean views. These are popular meeting and dining spots for guests who want to gaze at the relaxing seascapes while enjoying their favorite cocktail or savoring a delicious meal. Celebrity Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian has three seafood restaurants on Norwegian Getaway: Ocean Blue by Geoffrey Zakarian; Ocean Blue on The Waterfront; and The Raw Bar. All are outstanding. For variety, Norwegian Getaway guests can sample cuisines from around the world, including French, Italian, Brazilian, and Far East delights such as Teppanyaki, Shanghai’s Noodle Bar, and sushi at Wasabi. Those craving well-marbled steak should look no further than Cagney’s Steakhouse while Le Bistro is the place to go for a memorable French meal. Guests with a sweet tooth should make sure to save some room for treats from Dolce Gelato and The Bake Shop. Some Norwegian Getaway restaurants carry additional charges, but others including the popular O’Sheehan’s Neighborhood Bar & Grill, Savor, Taste, and the Tropicana Room are free of charge.
5. Top Flight Entertainment. Today's top ships offer a wide variety of entertainment options, and that’s exactly what you’ll find onboard Norwegian Getaway. The ship features live Broadway-style performances and tons of exciting nightly shows. One of the most popular shows is Million Dollar Quartet, a musical inspired by a one night recording session that brought together music legends Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins. Guests can also take in Norwegian Getaway’s Cirque Dreams and Steam dinner show, enjoy nightly live blues performances at Fat Cats Jazz and Blues Club, the sizzling Burn The Floor dance show, live comedy and the Howl At The Moon Dueling Pianos Show at Headliners Comedy Club, and much more. Families will love Escape the Big Top and Wine Lovers The Musical is also offered at lunchtime twice during each sailing.
6. Ropes Course Thrills. Do you have what it takes to walk The Plank? Find out when you step onto Norwegian Getaway’s massive ropes course, the largest at sea. This sprawling multi-level course, part of the Norwegian Getaway’s huge Sports Complex, consists of over forty different components including a zip track. Daredevils can walk The Plank out to its end to find themselves standing eight feet out off the side of the ship. Not to be left out, there’s even a pint-sized ropes course for younger kids who aren’t yet 48-inches tall. The Getaway’s Sports Complex also features a nine-hole miniature golf course located right beneath the ropes course, a huge rock climbing wall, a bungee trampoline and spider web, a 24-foot enclosed climbing cage, a basketball court, and more.
7. Great Adults-Only and Kids-Only Spaces. Norwegian Cruise Line understands that adults want to have their own spots for relaxation and fun. That’s why they’ve designed Norwegian Getaway with several adults-only venues aboard the ship. Located on Deck 16 at the back of the ship, Miami-themed Spice H2O is the place to go both day and night. It features two hot tubs, a calming double waterfall, sun loungers, a large video screen, a bar and lounge area and plenty of space for dancing. Deck 17 is home to another exclusive oasis for sunning and relaxing for guests 18 and older. Limited to those who purchase access passes, the private Vibe Beach Club offers upscale lounge chairs, a large hot tub, a soothing water feature, a full-service bar and great ocean views. Norwegian Getaway’s world-class Mandarin Spa, Salon & Fitness Center is popular with adults as well.
Traveling with kids? Norwegian Getaway is a superb choice for families. The ship’s Splash Academy youth area spans two decks located close to the ship’s family staterooms, upping the convenience factor for parents. The youth area features sections designed specifically for three age groups: Turtles for ages 3-5; Seals for ages 6-9; and Dolphins for ages 10-12. Splash Academy also offers activities for Guppies – tiny cruisers ages 6 months up to 3 years. Parents with these young children can enjoy fun events together with their tots in Norwegian Getaway’s dedicated nursery area. Norwegian Getaway knows how to cater to older kids as well. Located separately on Deck 16, Entourage is a high energy zone exclusively for teens ages 13-17. This hot spot includes air hockey; foosball, and an arcade center with five separate areas equipped with large screens for playing the latest video games. At night, Entourage turns into a teens-only nightclub with a dance floor, video jukebox, and large screen television.
For more information about Norwegian Getaway, visit Norwegian Cruise Line’s website: www.getaway.ncl.com.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Nancy Schretter. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Nancy Schretter. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Nancy Schretter for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.