Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Cruise Lines Debut Innovative New Venues
Today’s demanding cruise consumers are seeking ships that offer memorable vacation experiences, both onboard and in port. As a result, cruise lines are introducing exciting new spaces, eateries and entertainment zones on their newest ships. It’s all part of the push to have the most exciting vacation destinations at sea.
Carnival Cruise Lines, for example, will be completing a $155 million renovation of the Carnival Destiny. This massive makeover will transform the ship into the Carnival Sunshine, showcasing Carnival’s popular Fun Ship 2.0 venues along with a number of cool new elements. Check out some of the great new features on this soon-to-be launched ship:
* Racing-Themed WaterWorks Water Park. Carnival has always been known for its thrilling water slides. With the debut of the Carnival Sunshine, Carnival is ratcheting the competition up a notch. The Carnival Sunshine’s WaterWorks water park will offer guests five different slides and 40 water play features for loads of outdoor fun. Kids and kids at heart can race down Speedway Splash – two tandem 235-foot-long water slides prominently displaying racers’ times on a scoreboard. Carnival’s longest twister slide containing 334 feet of adrenaline-pumping thrills will also be on this ship.
* Shake Spot. Specialty milkshakes are a great vacation treat appealing to adults and children alike. Exclusively found on the Carnival Sunshine, the tropically-themed Shake Spot will offer milkshakes, floats, fruit shakes and smoothies, and “adult shakes and floats” made with liqueurs such as Grand Marnier and Cointreau. In anticipation of this spot’s special appeal, Carnival will be offering guests an all-inclusive “Shake Lover’s Package” for those who want to be able to indulge at the Shake Spot as often as possible.
* Latin-Themed Havana Bar. Located within the Carnival Sunshine’s Lido Marketplace area, the Havana Bar will be the place to relax and enjoy a cool Cuban vibe. During the day, the Havana Bar will serve Cuban coffee and Cuban finger foods. In the evening, the area will be transformed into a courtyard-style club where guests can enjoy Cuban cocktails, listen to live Latin music, and dance the night away.
* JavaBlue Café. Vacationing at sea doesn’t mean leaving behind that special daily coffee treat. Located next to the Shake Spot on the Carnival Sunshine, JavaBlue Café will serve guests’ favorite caffeinated drinks including espressos, cappuccinos and lattes along with decadent sweets such as huge cupcakes, giant cinnamon buns, and share-worthy slices of red velvet cake.
* New Asian Restaurant. This new full-service restaurant found only on the Carnival Sunshine will feature a wide selection of Asian specialties including soups, appetizers, meat and seafood entrees, and popular rice and noodle dishes – all prepared by chefs in an open kitchen. Guests can have lunch at this Far East themed eatery free of charge, while $12 per person will be charged for dinner.
* Pizzeria del Capitano. Carnival Cruise Lines' Cucina del Capitano Italian restaurant is a huge hit aboard its ships. On the Carnival Sunshine, the cruise line is adding the 24-hour Pizzeria del Capitano featuring five different types of authentic Italian thin-crust pizzas – all served free of charge.
Norwegian Cruise Line will debut some exciting new facilities and innovative designs on their newest ship, the Norwegian Breakaway. These include a wide array of new indoor and outdoor venues on three decks, an oceanfront boardwalk, and the largest facilities dedicated to youth and teen programs in their entire fleet.
Stroll the boardwalk like a Norwegian? You bet! The soon to be launched Norwegian Breakaway will feature The Waterfront and 678 Ocean Place – two unique places for guests to relax and enjoy their experience at sea. These new spaces will include an oceanfront boardwalk lined with shops, restaurants and bars along with three flowing decks filled with dining, bars, entertainment areas, gaming, and more. The Waterfront is a large boardwalk at sea lined with a variety of seaside venues offering stunning ocean views. 678 Ocean Place fits in seamlessly, interconnecting three decks of entertainment and dining areas. These two new locations will include a total of 17 dining venues and 12 bars and lounges.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2014 by Nancy Schretter. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Nancy Schretter. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Nancy Schretter for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.