Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Personalize Your Next Cruise Vacation
Today’s cruise ships are filled with exciting options in dining, experiences and vacation venues. There’s so much to explore. Rather than settle for the same cruise as the average guest, customize your next cruise to reflect the things you like and the experiences you’re seeking. Your cruise vacation should be unique and it’s easy to make it everything you want it to be.
Booking the right cruise ship is a key factor in making this happen. First, think about what’s most important to you. Then look for a cruise ship that offers a wide variety of venues, activities and amenities that match your interests. If you need help, a good cruise travel agent can provide assistance.
Today’s vacationers are most likely to find this kind of customizable cruise experience on one of today’s newest cruise ships, such as the innovative Carnival Vista. This new Carnival ship is loaded with outstanding features and offers something for every age group and interest. In addition to cool attractions like the thrilling SkyRide, a massive WaterWorks aqua park featuring Kaleid-O-Slide and the first IMAX Theatre at sea, Carnival Vista has nearly 30 distinctive dining and bar venues with diverse flavors and food choices from around the globe.
On a ship like Carnival Vista, it’s important to take time early in your cruise to explore all areas of the ship to see what’s available. You won't want to miss anything. Carnival Vista features outstanding specialty restaurants, including the ship’s Fahrenheit 555 classic American steakhouse, Ji Ji Asian Kitchen, Bonsai Sushi and Cucina del Capitano. There’s even the first brewery at sea in North America onboard.
While some incredible experiences on board Carnival Vista come with a small additional charge, many of them don’t. That’s the beauty of picking the right ship. A customized, personalized cruise doesn’t have to come with a hefty price tag. Carnival’s approach to cruising is different from some other cruise lines, so a number of experiences that would carry a charge on other cruise lines are free on Carnival ships.
They say that “some of the best things in life are free” and that’s certainly the case on Carnival Vista. That makes it even easier to personalize your cruise. Here are ten fantastic experiences that are free of charge for all Carnival Vista guests. Those who cruise on this ship are sure to find their own.
1. Watching the sunset while lounging in the Havana Pool and whirlpools. The Havana Pool area is a spectacular spot located at the aft of Carnival Vista on Deck Five. While the Havana Pool is reserved exclusively for Havana Cabana guests until 7 p.m. daily, all Carnival Vista guests can use this area after that time. It’s the perfect place to watch the sunset. Don’t let your fixed dining time deter you from this fabulous experience.
2. Chilling out in a clamshell lounger in Serenity and enjoying a salad from Fresh Creations. Carnival Vista’s huge adults-only Serenity outdoor lounging deck would likely be accessible to paying guests only on other cruise lines. It’s free on Carnival Vista, complete with its own special towels and custom fresh salads bar.
3. Listening to violinists and entertainers while relaxing in the atrium under Carnival Vista’s beautiful Dreamscape. Carnival Vista’s ever-changing Dreamscape sculpture is mesmerizing. It’s great to spend part of the evening here listening to live entertainment or enjoying one of the Cruise Director’s fun events.
4. Building your own mouthwatering burger at Guy’s Burger Joint. Carnival partnered with Guy Fieri, a leading restaurateur and Food Network star, to launch Guy’s Burger Joint. This free casual eatery has been a huge hit on Carnival ships, allowing guests to create their own customized burgers that are widely considered to be the best at sea.
5. Viewing Dive-In Movies by the pool at night. Carnival Vista guests gather each evening to watch movies on the ship’s massive LED flat screen overlooking the pool. These shows feature both family-oriented and action-packed recent releases and they’re very popular with guests of all ages. Freshly popped popcorn is served as well.
6. Racing your vacation companions on SkyRide. Carnival Vista’s SkyRide is a cool first-of-its-kind attraction that lets guests ride along an elevated 800-foot-long track above the ship at speeds up to 18 miles per hour, providing gorgeous views of the sea 150 feet below. You’ll want to ride it multiple times during your cruise.
7. Having pizza from Pizzeria del Capitano 24/7 while overlooking the sea. Located on the aft of Carnival Vista, Pizzeria del Capitano is Carnival’s branded pizzeria inspired by the cruise line’s Cucina del Capitano Italian-style restaurant. “Pizzeria del Capitano has been a huge hit since being launched on the Carnival Sunshine,” says Carnival spokesman Vance Gulliksen. Five different types of artisanal pizzas are available 24 hours a day and the staff will usually customize them a bit for guests as well.
8. Flying down the cool Kaleid-O-Slide. Carnival Vista is equipped with the largest WaterWorks aqua park in the fleet. What makes this water park even better is Kaleid-O-Slide, Carnival’s first inner-tube slide. This awesome slide features 455 feet of corkscrew twists and turns along with music and cool kaleidoscopic colors and effects.
9. Enjoying Seuss-A-Palooza Parade & Story Time with the kids. As part of an exclusive partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises, Carnival Cruise Lines launched Seuss At Sea – a series of shipboard family focused dining and entertainment experiences. Families will enjoy participating in the free Seuss-a-palooza Parade & Story Time. Bookville, a colorful area located in Carnival Vista’s Camp Ocean space, is the perfect place for parents to read with their children and play together. Carnival’s Hasbro, The Game Show is fun for families as well.
10. Taking in captivating Playlist Productions performances. Guests on Carnival Vista don’t need to pay for tickets to awesome Broadway-quality live shows. The ship’s high-tech Playlist Production shows are superb. These uniquely themed productions are offered multiple times throughout each cruise. Make sure to stay around to participate in the high-energy parties after the shows.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Nancy Schretter. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Nancy Schretter. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Nancy Schretter for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.