Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
7 Great U.S. All-Inclusive Family Vacations
Cruises are popular choices for family vacations. One of the most appealing aspects for families is the somewhat all-inclusive nature of cruise vacations. All-inclusive resorts are top options for families as well.
All-inclusive resorts are a perfect fit for cruise lovers - and there's an added plus. Families will find that these properties often include even more than their favorite ship in their all-inclusive vacation package. That's wonderful news, particularly for families seeking lots of outdoor adventure activities and plenty of room to spread out.
Many parents often assume that the best family all–inclusive properties are located outside the United States, but that’s not the case. There are a number of top choices closer to home. If you're looking for a great all-inclusive property for your next family vacation, check out these seven suggestions located throughout the United States:
1. Colorado: Vista Verde Ranch. Families will fall in love with this beautiful AAA Four Diamond Rocky Mountain playground close to Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Both summer and winter are popular times for families to visit. During the summer months, horseback riding and family activities reign supreme. The ranch also features fly fishing, mountain biking, hiking, rock climbing, paddleboarding, photography, yoga, rafting, kayaking, culinary pursuits and more. A highly interactive kids program for ages 6-12 and a teen program are offered as well. During the winter, Vista Verde turns into a fairytale wonderland filled with snow and fun family adventures. It's a magical time to visit. Families can enjoy tubing, back country skiing, snowshoeing, sledding, sleigh rides and other activities. http://www.vistaverde.com.
2. Florida: Club Med Sandpiper Bay. Club Med is one of the best–known all–inclusive brands in the world. This unique 307–room resort set alongside the river in Port Saint Lucie, Florida knows how to please families and multigenerational groups with specially designed deluxe family rooms, a wide variety of activities and more. The water sports, circus school and Club Med Academies here are very popular. The resort offers excellent daily free kids and teens programs for children 4 to 17 years of age. Additional facilities and programs for tots ages 4 months to 4 years are available for a fee. For more information, visit www.clubmed.us.
3. Georgia: Lodge on Little St. Simons. Located on private Little St. Simons Island, this family–owned resort accommodates only 32 guests in six well–furnished cottages and is a paradise for families and nature lovers. This 10,000 acre barrier island is filled with abundant wildlife, seven miles of white sand beaches, maritime forests and marshlands. All-inclusive rates at this intimate nature sanctuary include three full meals each day, all beverages and snacks, unlimited island activities and use of recreational gear, and boat transfers to and from the island. For more information, visit www.littlestsimonsisland.com.
4. New York: Mohonk Mountain House. This cliff–top Victorian castle overlooking Lake Mohonk in New York’s Hudson Valley is a perennial year-round family favorite. Rates at this 259–room resort include three delicious meals daily, afternoon tea, and most activities including lake and indoor swimming, boating and fishing, hiking through thousands of acres of forests and the Shawangunk Mountains, ice skating, snow tubing, cross country skiing and snowshoeing, and daily kids and teens programs for four different age groups of children. An included Junior Naturalist program is also available. For more information, visitwww.mohonk.com.
5. Pennsylvania: Woodloch Resort. Nestled on Lake Teedyuskung in the Pocono Mountains, this four–season resort has been owned and operated by the Kiesendahl family for over 55 years. The focus here is on reconnecting and making great family memories together, earning the property one of the highest repeat guest rates in the industry. Set on over 1,200 acres, Woodloch’s inclusive rate plan includes accommodations, three daily meals, nightly entertainment, and a wide array of fun activities and family events like the athletic contests, summer and winter Olympics, boating, water–skiing, hiking, biking, tennis, bumper cars, zip–lining and much more. There’s even a Kid’s Club area where parents and kids can do activities together. For more information, visit www.woodloch.com.
6. Vermont: Tyler Place Family Resort. This 165-acre all–inclusive located directly on Lake Champlain is a family favorite. In fact, the resort reports it enjoys a high 90% repeat guest rate. With daily kids’ and teens programs for nine separate age groups and 250 dedicated staff, the Tyler Place’s award–winning all–inclusive childcare programs and guest service levels are superb. In addition to three delicious daily meals (dinners are adults only affairs), rates at this resort include a wealth of sports and family activities such as biking, tennis, boating, kayaking, canoeing, a field house gym, ziplines and trampolines, mini golf, hiking and much more. For more information, visit www.tylerplace.com.
7. Wyoming: Paradise Guest Ranch. For more than 100 years, Paradise Guest Ranch has been catering to families with kids of all ages. This ranch’s rates include three meals daily and all of the ranch’s regular activities, including an extensive horseback riding program, fly fishing, hiking through the Bighorn Mountains, and fully supervised free kids programs for tots through teens. Paradise Guest Ranch’s horseback riding programs begin at 6 years of age. Guests can take two–hour rides and well as half–day and full–day excursions. Special events, such as the Amateur Talent Show, Gourmet Night, Square Dance and a Kid’s Rodeo are also offered. For more information, visit www.paradiseranch.com.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2018 by Nancy Schretter. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Nancy Schretter. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Nancy Schretter for details.
Website copyright © 2018 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.