Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Chocolate Beauty Product Recipes
Chocolate is a great gift for Motherís Day. Unfortunately, it is the time of year so many of us are on a diet. Treat your mom to chocolate that is diet approved. These chocolate bath products can be packaged in jars with pretty ribbons to make the ideal gift. To make the chocolate whipped body butter I purchased the supplies at a soap making supply store. The chocolate body scrub can be made by using supplies bought at the grocery store. If you can find a cocoa butter stick at your drugstore you can easily make the lip balm without going to a soap making supply store.
Chocolate Whipped Body Butter Recipe
1 cup cocoa butter
1/4 cup Shea oil
2 tbsp. almond oil
1 tbsp. cocoa oil
1. Melt the cocoa butter over a double boiler.
2. Once melted add the 3 oils and stir together. Use a metal spoon. Metal spoons do not soak in the perfume from the oils.
3. Allow the cocoa butter to solidify in the refrigerator for maybe an hour. You want this to be firm but not rock solid.
4. Whip with an electric mixer for several minutes. If the mixture is too hard and not whipping, you can melt again it over the double boiler.
5. Store in a jar.
Chocolate Body Scrub Recipe
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp. cocoa powder
Drop of Shea oil (optional)
Drop of cocoa oil (optional)
Drop of vanilla extract
About 1/2 cup of olive oil to get the desired consistency
1. In a mixing bowl combine the sugar, cocoa, and the vanilla extract. If using the Shea oil and cocoa oil add it at this time.
2. Slowly add the olive oil and stir after each addition.
3. Do this until a paste starts to form.
4. Pour into a small jar with a lid.
Chocolate Lip Balm Recipe
3 tbsp. of cocoa butter
10 chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 tbsp. vegetable oil or sweet almond oil
1. Melt the cocoa butter and the chocolate chips over a double boiler.
2. Once melted add the vanilla and oil.
3. Pour into a small container and allow it to solidify.
4. Stir it a few times while it is turning to solid to prevent the chocolate from separating to the bottom.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2013 by Michelle Matile. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Michelle Matile. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Michelle Matile for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.