Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
This emotionally charged movie tells the story of Precious. She’s a physically and emotionally abused teenager who is pregnant with her second child, both children as a result of her father. Precious also has to suffer the continuous abusive wrath of her mother who blames her for what transpired with her father. But Precious finally gets a chance to turn her life around when she starts attending an alternative school with people who finally give her the emotional support she needs. Here are a few movie mistakes to look for while you’re watching “Precious”.
· The first time Precious is in class, the blackboard is to the teacher’s left. On the board is the word “Requests” with a line through it. There is also the word “Requirments” which is misspelled. It should have been “Requirements”.
· After Ms. Lichtenstein stops by, Mary swings the pan at Precious. In the back view of Mary, there is no cigarette in her mouth. But when it cuts to a front view of her, she now has one dangling from her lips.
· Precious goes into the restaurant and orders the bucket of chicken. Her notebook for school is on the counter. When she grabs the chicken and bolts out of the door, she leaves the notebook behind. When she gets to school and sits down at the desk in Ms. Rain’s class, she has the notebook again.
· The first time Precious talks to the social worker, Ms. Weiss’ purse is next to her right arm, facing forward. The scene cuts to Precious when she’s talking about wanting her own TV and then goes back to Ms. Weiss. Her purse has now changed positions and is pushed further back. It cuts back between the two of them again and now Ms. Weiss’ purse is back in its original position. CAUTION: This May Contain Spoilers – The issue with the purse happens again later in the movie after Precious finds out she’s HIV positive. At the beginning of the scene, Ms. Weiss’ purse in next to her keyboard, in front of her. After that, it’s face down on the desk next to her right arm.
· On the day that the social worker visits, Precious’ grandmother hands Mongo to Mary. Mongo has a lollipop. When the grandmother walks away and it cuts back to Mary and Mongo, the little girl now has red licorice. Also Mongo knocks a silver/aluminum pan from the table next to the sofa. When the social worker arrives and Mary explains that Mongo knocked it into the floor, the pan is gone from the table. But when Mongo screams “mommy” and there’s a view of the three of them, we can see the table and the pan is back on there.
· Nurse John leaves Precious’ room at the hospital. On the table next to the girls, there is a pink cup (it’s handle to the left) and a scarf. The movie cuts to Precious who is telling them to “shut up” and then it shows the girls next to the table again. This time the cup has been turned (notice the handle) and the scarf is gone.
“Precious” (2009) stars Gabourey Sidibe, Mo’Nique, Paula Patton, Mariah Carey and Lenny Kravitz. It runs 110 minutes and is rated R due to child abuse including sexual assault and pervasive language.
Get your DVD and book copies of "Precious":
Content copyright © 2015 by Isla Grey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Isla Grey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Isla Grey for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.