Guest Author - Shelia M. Goss
Ashanti is no stranger to hit songs. The Collectables by Ashanti showcases her talent and shows that she’s more than a “hook” singer. Not that I don’t like the original versions, but I’m really feeling the remixes. The People’s Champ, Paul Wall, and Method Man rap over the first track, “Still On it.” JaRule is on two tracks: “Only You Remix” and “Rain On Me Remix.” Former 106 & Park host Free drops by on the “Focus Remix.” Some of the other tracks that I like but hadn’t heard before are “I Love You” and the smooth groove “I Found It In You” which samples from Zapp’s Computer Love.
None of the remixes lose the luster of the original songs, but the guest appearances on the Collectables add that extra ingredient to make it a CD that fans of Ashanti would want to have for their personal music library.
Collectables by Ashanti Track Listing:
1. Still on It - featuring Method Man, Paul Wall
2. Only U Remix- featuring Caddillac Tah, Merce, Ja Rule & Black Child
3. I Love You
4. Rain on Me Remix - featuring Ja Rule, Charli Baltimore,& Hussein Fatal
5. Still Down Remix - featuring Caddillac Tah
6. Show You
7. I Found It in You
8. Breakup 2 Makeup Remix - featuring Black Child
9. Rock Wit U (Awww Baby) Remix
10. Focus Remix - featuring Free
The Collectables by Ashanti is in stores now or you can order online.