Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Aromatherapy is the use of natural scents and essential plant oils to heal the mind, body and emotions. Aromatherapy can help you to look and feel good, as it has restorative effects on both the physical and mental aspects of the body.
Natural scents and essential oils can be experienced by inhalation or massage. This brings the healing effects of the scents into the bloodstream by way of the skin or lungs.
Aromatherapy can help to provide stress relief as well as rejuvination to the organs of the body. The scents of the following natural herbs and essential oils will help you to feel better.
* Vanilla can help you to feel relaxed, safe, comfortable and romantic. If you are recovering from an illness or stress, vanilla and lavender will work well to heal you.
* Lavender relieves stress and induces peaceful sleep.
* Mint helps to increase mental clarity, and stimulates the mind to retain information. It is a great herb to use while studying, taking a test, performing mental tasks, working, driving, or anytime you need to be alert. Inhaling mint or applying it to the skin will work to increase your thinking ability.
* Cinnamon relaxes, reminds of delicious baked pastries, and has been known to rekindle romantic thoughts and feelings.
* The scent of fruit increases stimulation of the senses and can improve clear thinking.
* Chamomile creates relaxation and eases stomach ailments. The chamomile flower leaves can be inhaled as a scent, or can be boiled and ingested as tea. Both have calming effects on the body.
* The relaxing aroma of fennel seed can be inhaled, or boiled to become a sweet tasting tea. Both the scent and tea from fennel can help to ease nervous stomach and tension.
| Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by danielle barone. All rights reserved.
This content was written by danielle barone. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact danielle barone for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.