All too often it is very long hair or the very short hair styles that get the attention. However, medium length hair is often more practical to wear and need never be boring with these variations of the Layered Bob. If you prefer not to have bangs, try this:
There are longer layers in this style to keep the bob shape. Very light layers on top help to add fullness. Texturizing throughout all of the layers help the ends to flip out. To create this look, shampoo and condition with body building products. Apply firm Styling Foam from the roots to the ends. Use a blow dryer to dry it from underneath to allow the ends to flip out. Comb the style, using your fingers. Place a small amount of hair cream or hair pomade in the palm of your hand. Rub your hands together to emulsify it and scrunch it into your hair. Use your fingers to separate the layers and add texture.
The style pictured here is the same hair cut as above. The bangs are brought forward and to the side. Use hair spray underneath them to keep them up and out of your face. Tuck the sides behind your ears for a professional bob.
This style is for you if you want more feminine softness around your face. This style is fuller, fluffier and a good match for thick, fine hair. The perimeter is cut to chin length. Lots of layers are created throughout the style, starting at about three inches on top. Each layer is texturized to remove bulk and to allow the ends to flip easily.
- Use a firm styling foam to give this style body and control.
- Blow dry your hair from underneath, allowing the ends to fly.
- Use a large curling iron on the top, creating four or five large curls to give it shape.
- Use a medium iron on the rest to curl the ends up slightly. Not too much – you want a bend, not a curl.
- Spray your hair with a flexible hold hairspray to hold the bangs in place. Spray the back and sides lightly to keep the flips.
Need more ideas? There is so much that can be done with medium length hair. Check out Chin Length Bob and Flip Variation
LC Legacy Luxury Hair Styling Products
Great Hold and Great Conditioning