Short hair styles are fun to wear and are most attractive for those who have a small face and small features. If you want to spend as little time as possible on your hair but still want to look stylish everyday, this style may be for you. It is super easy to care for. It dries fast and is easy to style. There is no need for a blow dryer or curling iron.
- Always shampoo and condition your hair with products that are formulated for your hair. If you have fine hair, choose body building products. If you have coarse or frizzy hair choose smoothing or moisturizing prodcust. Towel blot your hair until it is just damp.
- Apply a firm hair gel or styling foam to the entire style. You will need a dollop about the size of a nickel.
- Comb the bangs smoothly to the side and scrunch or ruffle the crown until it stands up.
- Comb the sides and the back with your fingers.
- Bring some fringy pieces forward by the ears or tuck them behind if you prefer.
- This style dries naturally all by itself, so you are ready to go.
The nice thing about short hair is that you donít have to look the same everyday. When you are in the mood for a softer, more natural style try this alternate look for the same haircut.
- Shampoo and condition with products formulated for your hair texture. Towel blot until your hair is just damp.
- Apply firm or medium hold hair gel or styling foam for body.
- If your hair is naturally wavy you can fluff it with your fingers and let it dry naturally.
- If your hair is straight, comb it to the side, youíre your bangs down and use a blow dryer to dry it.
- If you have an extra few minutes, use a small barreled curling iron to bend the ends of your hair, in different directions, to create a ruffled look.
- Update the look by adding pomade, wax or hair cream. Put a small amount in the palm of your hand. Rub your hands together to emulsify it and work it through your hair to separate the strands and create a piecey look.
Very short hair cuts look their best in a solid color. Highlights have a tendency to look choppy on very short hair. Choose a deep rich shade of brown or red or a very light icey blond.