Guest Author - Michelle Matile
A crockpot makes life easier. It is a low maintenance way to cook. You can throw all your ingredients in the crock pot and have a delicious meal in a few hours. We all need a stress free way to get a morning started. There are two options. The first is to prepare all the ingredients that morning. The second option is to combine everything the night before and keep it in the refrigerator until morning. Then set your crock pot and in a few hours you will have a delicious breakfast. This is an ideal meal when you are entertaining and want to have time with your guests. This is also great Christmas morning. When you are done opening gifts, breakfast will be ready.
Slow Cooker Chocolate French Toast Recipe
2 cups cream or half and half
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 tablespoons cinnamon, divided
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar plus 1 tablespoon, divided
1/4 cup butter, melted
Loaf French bread
Optional: maple syrup
1. Prepare your slow cooker by spraying with a cooking spray or line with a slow cooker bag.
2. Cut the entire loaf of French bread into slices.
3. Place half of the sliced bread on the bottom of the slow cooker.
4. Combine 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, and chocolate chips in a small bowl.
5. Pour half of the melted butter over the layer of bread.
6. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon and chocolate chip mixture over the butter.
7. Layer the remaining slices of bread.
8. Pour the rest of the butter over the bread.
9. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon and chocolate.
10. In a medium sized bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, and vanilla together.
11. Whisk in the remaining sugar and cinnamon.
12. Pour over the bread.
13. Cook for 3-4 hours on low or 2 hours on high.
14. Serve immediately.
15. Maple syrup is a great addition to this breakfast. However, I found the melted chocolate to be sweet enough.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!