Steps to a Professional Listing
2. Know your market. Research your chosen area thoroughly. Check current trends to make sure that there is a market for your item. Find out what price items like yours are currently making. Refer to eBay completed listings for loads of valuable information.
3. Decide on the minimum price you will accept for your item so that you can set your start price. Check other listings and especially completed listings to find the best start price. You need to generate interest but you also need to make a profit.
4. Photograph your item. Don’t “borrow” photos from other sources. Photographs are subject to copyright and even if you get permission to use them, buyers want to see the item they are bidding on rather than an obvious “stock” photograph. You don’t need professional standard photos; you just need to show the item to its best advantage.
5. Write out your item description. Do not wait to do this until you are listing the item. This will need to be read through and may need to be edited several times until you feel the wording is just right. Try to paint a picture of the item with your words including any features and benefits. Also mention any faults or damage so that the bidder knows what he is bidding on. This will help to reduce any problems after the listing has ended.
6. Carefully consider the duration of the listing. This can have a huge impact on the amount of interest generated in the item. 10 Day listings are suitable for most items and you have the benefit of having up to 2 weekends to attract bidders. Some items however, are time sensitive and may require shorter durations for e.g. event tickets close to the event date.
7. Decide on any enhancements you want for your listing. Basic listings are fine but you may want yours to stand out more. Bold text, highlighted text, featured listings and photo galleries are just some of the ways you can make your listing more noticeable. All of these cost extra money and may not be feasible for every listing. Don’t forget you can add an extra photograph in the body of your description for free.
8. Put all the information together and upload your listing!
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
Sourcing items from Boot Sales
Valuing Your Items
The Road to Success
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Kim O´Shea. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Kim O´Shea. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.