Guest Author - Amelia Johnson
Bobbing for Apples:
Age group: Kindergarten - Adult
1 large tub
Prizes to give out.
-Lay out some of the towels and place tub on it.
-Fill tub with 4-6 inches of water.
-Place apples in water
-Place rest of towels close by for when game is over.
How to play:
1. Have guests kneel at the tub one at a time with their hands behind their back.
2. Next, they will plunge their face into the water and try to grab an apple with their teeth. Their hands must stay behind their back at all times.
3. Allow each guest to have at least 4 chances to grab an apple.
4. Prize goes to the guest who gets the most apples in the shortest time.
Pass the spider Race:
Object> first team to win
For each team:
1 20-40 foot long piece of black yarn.
1 large plastic spider
-Estimate how long the pieces of yarn should be> They must be long enough to go through both sleeves of each person on the team. This will vary depending on the number of members you will have.
-Cut the yarn
-Tie one side of each piece securly to a spider.
-Beginning with the end without a spider, roll into a small ball.
-Divide guest into two groups of more and have them stand in a straight line.
-Demonstrate how each person will need to pass the spider up one of their sleeves, across their chest, and out the other sleeve.
-Place the yarn on the gound next to the 1st person in each line and hand them to the spider.
4. On "GO" the first person on each team will pass as demonstrated.
5. First team to be tied together wins.
Makes a list of activities that everyone must complete. Copy and pass out to guests.
-Make a list of items hidden around your house/town to find as well.
Divide into teams of two of more. Give each team a list and a time limit of 1 hour (or less depending on your activities).
Winner is team who completes most tasks or collects the most things in the time limit.