Guest Author - Tammy Murks
It’s that time of year again! Weather is getting more and more beautiful everyday, and the bikes are revving to go. Time to hit the streets, the trails, see the sites, feel the wind across your body, and enjoy time with your friends. I did some research to find some good Motorcycle clipart for your latest projects.
Since the very early 1900’s, people have been strapping motor’s on bicycles and trying to improve one upon another on the Bigger Faster Better Bike! In 1902 Triumph Cycle, Co.Ltd. Of England, began their Motorcycle Company. In 1903, The Harley-Davidson Motor Company was founded by William S. Harley and Arthur Davidson. These guys now set many industry standards. Folks liked motorcycles in the early 1900’s due to its low cost, making a vehicle affordable. It was cheaper to drive a motorcycle, rather than to drive a car. Competition kicked in and before too long, you could buy a Ford Model T to fit the whole family. Around the 1950’s American and British companies were in control of the market, but you had to be a good “Wrench” or mechanically inclined to be able to operate one. At the end of the 1950’s the Japanese broke out with an advancement to motor bikes that was incredible: The Electric Start System. Ahhh, the love began to spread! No more Kick start and multiple repairs. These Japanese bikes were nice. Motorcycles continued to get better and faster but were not greatly recognized until Honda broke out with a big surprise. They came out with the CD450. Nothing like folks had seen before! Not only was it very affordable, but it could outrun a stock Harley-Davidson with more the two time the engine site, and it didn’t tend to break down like the Harley’s did then. Now, it was not just affordability that made motorcycles come ALIVE, but love, Pure LOVE! Companies competed, as they continue to, to improve on varied features for the Motorcycle lovers of all countries. Enjoy your summer Cycle lovers!
- Artist4hire.net - Four pictures of 2 folks on Golden Wings.
- Bernie’s Harley Davidson Backgrounds and Wallpaper – Free for personal use.
- CoolClips.com - Click on the different sets, and take your pick. Scooter, motorcycles, dirt bikes, equipment and supplies, racing bikes and more. All images for personal use only.
- GWTA.org - Mostly gold Wing and Honda Series. Multiple clipart.
- Just In Motorcycle Clipart – Large Selection here. Go to middle of page and click on the topic of choice. Honda, toon, racing, dirt, other, and touring bikes…50 per page.
- Motorcycleclipart.com - 20 Images of Different Motorcycles.
- PanHeadGK - Click on choice in middle of page. Nice Selection.
Check out These Products for Purchase: