Hairdressers know that how a roller is placed in the hair makes a bigg difference in the finished hair style. You can just put the curlers in at random, but the result will be unfinshed and far from the planned curls and waves that can be achieved with a little effort.
- Off Base
When a roller is placed Off Base, there will be end curl and little or no lift.
- On Base
When a roller is placed ON Base, there will be maximum lift or body. This is recommended for Velcro Rollers.
Velcro Roller Use
- Wash the hair and apply styling aid such as a mousse of gel.
- Dry the hair thoroughly.
- Roll large sections of hair on the roller. Clips may be used but are not necessay.
- Use a blow dryer to heat the hair and rollers and let them cool.
- For more body, you may heat the hair with a curling iron or flat iron before rolling on the roller.
- For even more body and control, spray the base of each section of hair before inserting the roller.
- Leave the rollers in the hair for 5 to 15 minutes.
- Comb the hair only with your fingers or a large plastic pic.
For Any Rollers
Lots of small rollers will give more curl and more fullness.
Lots of large rollers will give more fullness.
A few large rollers will give some fullness and shape.
Suggestions for the use of these curling sets are here:
Curly Look Updo