These are my absolute favorite cookies. Irresistibly good.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil or butter for greasing
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips or raisins
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets with the oil or butter and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl add the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. With an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat until the mixture is smooth and well blended.
4. Add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat until well combined. Add the oats and chocolate chips or raisins and beat just until the ingredients are combined.
5. Using 1/4 cup of the dough, form into a ball. Dip one side of the ball in the sugar and place the ball on the baking sheet, sugar side up. Using the bottom of a glass, press the dough ball down to make a flat circle about 3 inches round and 1/2 inch thick. Continue with rest of dough.
6. Bake until cookies are very light golden brown, about 10 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and place sheets on a rack to cool.
Want another yummy cookie recipe? Try Coconut Cookies.
Have a recipe or party menu you'd like to share with our readers? Email the recipe and your name to me at firstname.lastname@example.org