Ten Tips for Fuller Hair
- Use a shampoo for fine, thin hair.
Many fine haired men and women find that volumizing shampoo magically gives them fullness. It is formulated to thicken each strand with the use of polymers.
Others prefer a light shampoo with no volumizing agents and no conditioning agents that might weigh their hair down.
- Keep an extra cleansing or clarifying shampoo handy for use about once a week. This type of shampoo will free your hair from any oils or leftover styling products that cling to the hair and cause it to be heavy. This shampoo should not be used more than once a week.
- You may require a conditioner. Hair that is in good condition has more natural bounce than hair that is dry and damaged.
Some conditioners are too heavy for your already flat hair. Use a light conditioner formulated for fine hair. Apply the conditioner to the ends of the hair only. The root area of the hair rarely needs conditioning.
- Always rinse thoroughly after conditioning. Allowing some conditioner to remain on the hair is often beneficial for dry fizzy hair but fine, flat hair will be weighed down.
- Toweling your hair damp-dry before you apply the styling products will increase their effectiveness.
- Use Root Lifter. It is a firm hold spray gel that is sprayed at the base of the hair shaft – the root area. Used in this way, it will cause extra body and lift.
- Next, use a styling foam or styling gel that is formulated for fine hair. Emulsify the product in your hands and work through your hair from the roots to the ends.
- Blow drying: The effectiveness of any product you use will depend on how you dry your hair. As you blow-dry your hair, lift it up off the scalp. Using a vent brush to lift the hair up rather than brushing it down will achieve the best result.
Fullness can also be achieved by brushing the hair in the opposite direction from which it falls. If your hair naturally falls forward, blow it back as you dry it. When it is dry, comb it into place.
Finally, and probably the easiest if you have long hair is to turn your head upside down and dry the hair until just the ends are damp.
In all of these techniques, dry the root area of the hair first and then the ends.
- Use a large curling iron for extra body. When using a curling iron on your hair, form the curl, and then carefully remove the curling iron. Hold the curl up and spray the base of it (next to your head) with flexile hold hair spray. Allow the spray to dry and place the section of hair where you want it.
- After you have achieved fullness. You may need something called back-combing, teasing or ratting to keep it from falling flat again. This is the art of tangling the hair to create a cushion of lift. When the back-combing is in place and then smoothed. The effect should be that of naturally thick hair or hair that has lots of body. Here’s How Finish with a flexible hold hair spray.
Beautiful hair with LC Legacy Hair Care.
The Secrets of Ageless Beauty
The Secrets of Ageless Women Secrets gathered from the women with timeless beauty. Learn their tricks and tips for lasting beauty. Whether you use every tip or just one or two suggestions, you will be rewarded with a more youthful and stylish appearance.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
How to Shampoo Your Hair
Curling Iron How To
Roller How To
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.