Guest Author - Michelle Matile
We are always looking for an excuse to eat chocolate. Why not incorporate it into your breakfast? The kids will be happy; everyone will be thrilled with a chocolate breakfast! Chocolate Chip Pancakes are the best way to indulge. Make it a complete chocolate breakfast and add chocolate milk or hot cocoa. There is no such thing as too much chocolate.
Try this chocolate chip pancake recipe or simply add chocolate chips to your favorite pancake recipe. Pancakes are one of the easiest things to make from scratch. And most of the ingredients are items you will have on hand. The finishing touch to the pancakes is pure decadence, chocolate maple syrup! Yum.
Chocolate Chip Pancake Recipe
Makes 12 pancakes
1 3/4 cups of flour
1 1/4 cups of buttermilk (if you do not have buttermilk add 1 tablespoon of vinegar to regular milk and allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes before using)
2 tablespoons of white sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
2 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, except chocolate chips, and mix with a wire whisk.
2. Once combined add the chocolate chips and mix.
3. Heat a lightly greased griddle over medium to high heat. Use either butter or baking spray to grease the pan.
4. Once the pan is heated scoop 1/4 cup of batter per pancake.
5. Pour each 1/4 cup of batter on griddle.
6. Once the pancakes start to brown and bubble, flip each one.
7. Repeat until all the batter is used.
Maple Chocolate Syrup
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons of water
1. Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat over low to medium heat.
2. Stir constantly until well combined and mixture starts to slightly boil.
3. Serve warm. Save any leftovers in the refrigerator.
This syrup is not just good on pancakes but also delicious served warm over vanilla ice cream.
Enjoy and Sweeten the Soul with chocolate!