Guest Author - Lynne Chapman
Scarlett Johansson’s baby blonde hair is shoulder length with long layers. The shortest layer begins at about her lips. This is a versatile haircut as you can see from the two styles pictured here. One is casually loose and sexy and the second is dressed up and controlled.
This style falls naturally from a center part, with a sexy side bang that drapes across one eye and loose natural waves.
To get this look:
- Shampoo and condition your hair with products formulated for your hair texture. If you have fine hair that is on the straight side use body building shampoo and conditioner that does not make your hair limp. If you have coarse or frizzy hair choose products that contain smoothing ingredients.
- Towel dry and apply firm hold styling foam on fine or medium textured hair. If your hair is of coarse texture you may want to use styling glaze or gel.
- While blowing your hair dry, use a large round brush to form body on the top. Use a vent brush to dry the rest to dry it quickly. If you have naturally wavy hair, simply scrunch this part dry and skip the next step.
- Use a one-inch curling iron to curl the ends. Start the curl at about ear level. Form the curls in “candle stick” fashion (holding the curling iron up and down instead of horizontally) to get a natural loose wavy appearance.
- Pull a piece of hair across your forehead from one side to form the side bang. A little hairspray at the base should hold it in place.
- Arrange this style using your fingers only.
- Scrunch some styling crème into the ends to separate the curls and give it texture.
To get this look:
- Prepare your hair as above in steps 1 and 2.
- Blow your hair dry using a vent brush. Part it for a side part, angled from the temple to the center crown.
- Set your hair on hot rollers – using 3 or 4 large rollers on top and 6 or 7 medium sized rollers from mid way down.
- Allow the rollers to stay in your hair until they are completely cool.
- Remove them carefully.
- Put 1 or 2 drops of shine drops or shine serum in your palm. Rub your hands together to distribute the serum and run your hands through your hair.
- Brush your hair smoothing the crown and forming the ends into waves and curls. Spray it lightly with flexible hold hairspray.