During the holiday season there are so many things to do! The shopping, the wrapping, and all of that baking! But even more importantly, we must still maintain the usual household while completing all of these extra, “fun” chores. To make life easier, I usually set aside a few quick and easy dinners that are prepared on those days when the “fun” chores take a lot longer than planned. This easy pepper steak recipe is one of those meals! It’s super easy and tastes delicious!
2 lbs London broil
1 bag frozen Birds Eye Pepper Stir Fry vegetables
7 tbsp teriyaki sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
- Cut all the fat off of the steak and salt and pepper each side. Sometimes these steaks can have a little fat running through them. Try and get most of the fat off the outside of the steak.
- In a small cup mix together 2 tbsp of teriyaki sauce and 1 tbsp of soy. Spread the mixture on each side of the steak. Let it marinate in the refrigerator for about 3 hours.
- Microwave the frozen pepper stir fry vegetables for about 5 min or until completely defrosted.
- Turn the grill on high and grill each side of the steak for about 3 minutes or until it has those wonderful blackened grill marks.
- Place the steak on a piece of foil. Make sure the foil is large enough to hold both the steak and all of the pepper stir fry vegetables. Generously spread 2 more tbsp of teriyaki sauce on top of the steak.
- Drain all of the water from the pepper stir fry vegetables and stir in 3 tbsp of teriyaki sauce.
- Place the pepper stir fry vegetables on top of the steak. Pull the foil up around the sides without closing it at the top and place it on the grill for about 15 minutes. The sauce should remain thick. If there is a build up of water in the bottom, simply poke a few holes in the bottom of the foil to let it drain.
- Serve with rice. Uncle Ben’s makes excellent 90 minute microwavable rice bags which come in an assortment of varieties. These make every meal super easy! Makes about 4 servings.
Not only is this dish easy and delicious, there is very little mess! The grill I use is an outdoor grill which I clean thoroughly about once every two weeks or so depending on use. The great thing about the outdoor grill is that you can always clean it up later. So keep some London broil and frozen pepper stir fry veggies on hand this holiday season! Make is super easy, and enjoy!