Guest Author - Lisa Babick
Fried chicken is a great food for buffets or casual get-togethers. If you're going to be making your own, this is a great recipe.
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
8 chicken pieces
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups vegetable oil
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, ground red pepper, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
2. Dip the chicken pieces in the buttermilk and then in the flour mixture, coating completely.
3. In a large deep skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
4. Fry the coated chicken in batches for 8 to 10 minutes per side, until golden and no pink remains.
5. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
6. Serve immediately.