Guest Author - Lisa Babick
This is a great appetizer or lunch for one. Make it on the grill or in the oven. You can omit the sausage if desired.
10 cups tortilla chips
2 pounds bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped mild green chilies, drained
4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
4 plum tomatoes, chopped
4 medium green onions, sliced
4 cups finely shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
1. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat or preheat oven to 350F.
2. Spray 2 30X18-inch pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil with cooking spray.
3. Spread tortilla chips on centers of foil pieces.
4. Mix sausage, chilies and seasoning mix; spoon over tortilla chips. Top with tomatoes and onions. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Wrap foil securely around tortilla chips. Cover and grill foil packets, seam side up, 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
6. If making in the oven, heat for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
7. Serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings