Angelina Jolie To Adopt Again
Vietnam’s International Adoption Agency reported that Angelina Jolie filed paperwork through an American agency this week. This will be baby number four for the Pitt-Jolie clan; she currently has one biological and two adopted children with boyfriend Brad Pitt.
Jolie is not alone in bringing the valuable, life-saving option of adoption to the forefront of American celebrity culture. Al Roker, Chelsea Noble and Kirk Cameron, Barbara Walters, Hugh Jackman, and John McCain are just a few public figures that have brought an adopted child into their lives.
I urge you to support a local crisis pregnancy center; pregnant women are making critical choices everyday. Donate baby clothes, diapers, maternity wear, cash, and - most important of all - your time to your local center. Most centers offer the opportunity for you to become a volunteer counselor after you complete training in their facility. Do this and you have the chance to help a pregnant woman avoid the life changing pain of abortion by committing to adoption.
10 ways to support adoption in your community:
1. Put pocket change in a dish every day when you get home. Donate it to a crisis pregnancy center at the end of the month.
2. Sacrifice a little more. Forego your daily Starbucks or McDonald’s and add that to the pocket change.
3. Sort out your unwanted maternity clothing or baby items and donate them.
4. Organize a baby food and diaper drive at your church. (Check the crisis center’s policy on food donation.)
5. Volunteer to watch children at the local center.
6. Open your home to a pregnant woman for the duration of her pregnancy and after-care.
7. Offer to pay for an expectant mother’s medical care.
8. Get trained and be a mentor. You will walk the pregnant woman through the maze of getting public assistance, finding adoption options, and be a support system for her.
9. Drive a pregnant woman to her pre-natal appointments.
10. Pay for a crisis pregnancy center ad in the Sunday newspaper.
Update: The adoption of 3-year-old Pax Thien Jolie is complete and he is safe, healthy, and adjusting to his new family. Congratulations and best wishes to the Jolie-Pitt family!
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Rebecca Orczeck. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Rebecca Orczeck. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.