logo
g Text Version
Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Career
Computers
Education
Family
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies

dailyclick
Bored? Games!
Nutrition
Postcards
Take a Quiz
Rate My Photo

new
European Travel
Action Movies
Bible Basics
Houseplants
Romance Movies
Creativity
Family Travel


dailyclick
All times in EST

Clairvoyance: 08:00 PM

Full Schedule
g
g Coffee Site

BellaOnline's Coffee Editor

g

Coffee Whiteners

Guest Author - Gayle E. Santana

According to statistics at e-importz.com, 35% of the coffee drinkers in the US prefer their coffee black. That leaves 65% of us looking for something to put into our coffee. I have acquired a taste for unsweetened coffee so my whiteners have become pretty important to me.

Although they are listed in the order of my own personal preferences, I have been known to deviate from time to time either due to necessity or mood. In the style of David Letterman, we will begin with number 10.

10. Powdered Non-Dairy Coffee Whiteners

Basic powdered coffee whitener is great when no refrigeration is available. It is a way to always ensure that you never have to drink your coffee black. This powdered wonder has also undergone an upgrade. In a world where specialty coffee is the norm, they are now available in flavors.

9. Skim or 1% Milk.

Watching your weight or cholesterol intake? A few drops of skim or 1% milk will keep you from having to drink black coffee.

8. 2% Milk

Not as many calories or cholesterol as whole milk but a bit more creaminess than skim or 1%.

7. Soy Milk-Regular or Light

If you are lactose intolerant or are just dairy-free by choice, soy milk has become mainstream and is available most everywhere.

6. Whole Milk

Not bad in the creaminess department and still shy of the cholesterol and calories of cream.

5. Half-and-Half

Nice mixture of cream and whole milk. It is generally available everywhere coffee is sold.

4. Cream

Donít see this around much as a coffee whitener anymore but I do remember the days. A lovely china cup with freshly brewed coffee and a dollop of cream--priceless.

3. Flavored Creamers

This is a nice alternative for those who like their coffee in flavors. My issue with the liquid creamers is that they generally contain sweeteners like sugar or corn syrup.

2. Latte Style

A latte is a generous amount of steamed milk combined with a shot or two of espresso. If I am going to take skim in my coffee, this is one of my favorite ways to do so. In Starbucks it is known as a skinny latte.

1. Evaporated Milk (Regular or Skim)

Okay, I am truly biased, but this is my number one way to lighten my coffee. It is also available in skim and is a lot creamier than regular skim milk. Unfortunately, I usually have to travel with this, but it is well worth it for me.

Diversity makes the world go round so remember, whichever whitener you prefer, to each his or her own. Enjoy!

This site needs an editor - click to learn more!

Add Coffee+Whiteners to Twitter Add Coffee+Whiteners to Facebook Add Coffee+Whiteners to MySpace Add Coffee+Whiteners to Del.icio.us Digg Coffee+Whiteners Add Coffee+Whiteners to Yahoo My Web Add Coffee+Whiteners to Google Bookmarks Add Coffee+Whiteners to Stumbleupon Add Coffee+Whiteners to Reddit




Finding Your Favorite Coffee Roast
My Perfect Cup
The Coffee Hour
RSS
Related Articles
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Previous Features
Site Map


For FREE email updates, subscribe to the Coffee Newsletter


Past Issues


print
Printer Friendly
bookmark
Bookmark
tell friend
Tell a Friend
forum
Forum
email
Email Editor


Content copyright © 2014 by Gayle E. Santana. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Gayle E. Santana. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.

g


g features
Archives | Site Map

forum
Forum
email
Contact

Past Issues
memberscenter


vote
Poetry
Daily
Weekly
Monthly
Less than Monthly



BellaOnline on Facebook
g


| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.


BellaOnline Editor