2. Cu the tops off the pumpkins and set aside. With a teaspoon or small knife, scrape the pulp and seeds out of each pumpkin. Scrape some of the meat off of the inner walls until they are no more than 3/8-inch thick. Discard pulp, meat and seeds.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Beat at medium speed with a hand mixer until just blended.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated. Reduce the speed and beat in the sour cream, vanilla and pumpkin puree.
5. Fill the pumpkin shells with the batter and bake on a cookie sheet one the middle rack in an oven for 15 minutes. Turn the pan and place the tops next to the pumpkins. Bake for 10 more minutes, until barely set and firm. If the cakes start to puff, remove them from the oven.
6. After removing from the oven, let cool in the pan on a rack, then refrigerate.
7. Make the cranberry topping: combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan and heat to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until the berries have popped and formed a thick sauce. Let cool.
8. To serve, spoon cranberry topping over the filling. Place the pumpkin lid on the cakes at an angle.
Makes 8 cheesecakes
Have a recipe or party menu you'd like to share with our readers? Email the recipe and your name to me at email@example.com