Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Vision Organizations U. S. Territories
A sample listing of vision organizations supporting individuals with vision issues in the U. S. Territories including American Samoa, District of Columbia, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
1. U. S. department of Human and Social Services – Pago Pago, American Samoa – Telephone: 684-633-1571 – Website: http://www.dhss.as
**Help for people with disabilities.
District of Columbia:
1. Blinded Veterans Association – Washington, DC – Telephone: 202-371-8880 – Toll free: 800-669-7079 – Website: http://www.bva.org
2. U. S. Department of veterans Affairs: Blind Rehabilitation Service – Washington, DC – Telephone: 202-461-7317 – Website: http://www.va.gov/blindrehab/
3. Columbia Lighthouse for the blind – Washington, DC – Telephone: 202-454-6422 – Website: http://www.clb.org
4. DC Center for Independent Living – Washington, District of Columbia – Telephone: 202-388-0033 – TDD/TTY: 202-388-0277 – Website: http://www.dccil.org/
5. DC Regional Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped – Washington, district of Columbia – Telephone: 202-727-2142 – TDD/TTY: 202-727-2255 – Website: http://www.dclibrary.org/services/lbph
6. District of Columbia Department of Human services: Rehabilitation Services Administration – Washington, district of Columbia – Telephone: 202-442-8663
7. District of Columbia Infants and toddlers with disabilities Program: department of Human services – Washington, District of Columbia – telephone: 202-727-5853
8. Library of Congress National Library service for the blind and Physically Handicapped – Washington, district of Columbia – telephone: 202-707-5100 – Toll free: 800-424-8567 – TDD/TTY: 202-707-0744 - Website: http://www.loc.gov/nls
9. National council on disability – Washington, district of Columbia – 202-272-2004 – TDD/TTY: 202-272-2074 – Website: http://www.ncd.gov
10. U. S. Office of Personnel Management: Federal Employment of People with Disabilities - Washington, District of Columbia – telephone: 202-606-1800 – Website: http://www.opm.gov/disability
1. Guam Department of Integrated Services for Individuals with disabilities/Division of Vocational Rehabilitation – Hagatna, GU – Telephone: 671-475-4637
2. Guam Public Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Nieves M. Flores Memorial Library – Agana, Gu – Telephone: 671-475-4753
Northern Mariana Islands:
1. Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands Office of the Governor – Saipan, MP – Telephone: 670-664-2200 -
2. CNMI Office of Vocational Rehabilitation – Saipan, MP – Telephone: 670-322-6537 – TDD/TTY: 670-322-6449
1. Puerto Rico Regional Library for the blind and Physically Handicapped – San Juan, PR – Telephone: 787-723-2519 – Toll free: 800-981-8008 – Website: http://www.bibliotecaregionalparaciegos.com
2. Puerto Rico department of Education: Special Education Program – San Juan, PR – telephone: 787-759-2000
3. Puerto Rico Vocational Rehabilitation Administration: Department of Labor and Human services – San Juan, PR – Telephone: 787-728-3580
4. U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs: Puerto Rico Blind Rehabilitation center, V. A. Hospital – San Juan, Pr – Telephone: 787-641-7582
1. Virgin Islands Department of education: State Office of Special Education – Charlotte Amalie, VI – Telephone: 340-774-0100 – Website: http://www.usvi.org/education/index.html
2. Virgin Islands Department of Health: Infants/Toddlers Program – St. Thomas, VI – Telephone: 340-777-8804
3. Virgin Islands Regional Library for the Visually and Physically Handicapped – St. Croix, VI – Telephone: 340-772-2250 – Website: http://www.library.gov.vi
A complete listing of vision organizations can be found on the American foundation for the blind website.
Content copyright © 2013 by Dean Ingalls. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Dean Ingalls. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Dean Ingalls for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.