Tel-Time Pyramid Talking Alarm clock Review
Today, I use a talking clock to keep time. One of the talking clocks I use is the Tel-Time Pyramid Talking Alarm Clock. I live in an apartment with a half wall separating the kitchen and living room and I set the clock on the top edge of the half wall near the kitchen stove. I can access the clock from both the kitchen and living room allowing me to use the clock as a cooking timer or the time of day as I walk by from the living room.
Anytime I purchase a new type of assistive equipment I understand the need to properly program or assemble the product. The difficulty level for Programming a product is one of the top reasons used to decide the purchase.
Pros and cons of clock features:
FEATURES PROS CONS
1. Design 1. Triangular shape makes clock stable 1. Large size takes up space on nightstand
2. Voice 2. Pleasant female voice 2. Voice difficult to understand at first
3. Alarm 3. Adjustable volume, selection of three alarm sounds 3. Only three alarm sounds
4. Programming time/alarm 4. Easy to learn process 4. Needed sighted persons help to program first time - no Braille/audio directions
5. Timer/alarm buttons 5. Time button on top, easy to access 5. Confusing design shape when touched, must practice key movements
6. Durability/life span 6. Owned five years, still works great! 6. Plastic easy to break if knocked over or dropped
7. Accessories/batteries 7. Requires four “AA” batteries, can purchase a four pack set 7. Batteries not included, only uses batteries no electricity
8. Price 8. Very affordable between $12 to $15 8. Limited warranty
9. Assembly 9. Only need to insert batteries 9. Need sighted help to insert four batteries first time
The only problem I experienced using the clock is becoming familiar with the keys on the bottom of the clock used for setting time and alarm. I needed sighted help explaining the keys and practice setting time and alarm with preferred alarm sound several times before becoming comfortable with the process. I find I must review programming the clock occasionally, to stay familiar with the setup procedure.
I would recommend the Tel-Time Pyramid Clock for any individual with vision, hearing loss or a physical handicap. The clock makes a great gift. The price of the clock makes it a great purchase.
I received the Tel-Time Pyramid Clock from my neighbor (A wonderful caring person) as a gift when I moved into my apartment building. I have not received any form of compensation for writing this review.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
Magenta Gets Glasses Blues Clues Child Book Review
What to know on vision for newborns and toddlers!
Intersection Safety Visually Impaired Pedestrians
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Dean ingalls. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Dean ingalls. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.