confectioners' sugar (for dusting)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
2. Put 2 cups confectioner's sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cut butter into small pieces. Add confectioners sugar and mix together with a fork or hand mixer until well blended.
4. add vanilla and almond extracts to butter mixture. Beat well until blended and creamy.
5. Add flour and salt and mix well. Stir in nuts.
6. Using floured hands, form dough into 1-inch balls. Set balls 1-inch apart on cookie sheet.
7. Bake balls 1- to 12 minutes or until just golden around the edges. Remove from oven and let cool 2 minutes.
8. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar and place on a clean flat dish to cool completely. When cooled completely, roll in sugar a second time.
9. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Makes 45 nut balls
Click HERE for more Spooktacular Halloween Food and Fun