4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon warm water
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
4 ounces egg vermicelli, broken in half and cooked
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Stir in sugar and remove pan from heat.
2. Add the water, vinegar and corn syrup and stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves. DO not let mixture boil.
3. Add the egg vermicelli.
4. bring the mixture to a boil and boil for 15 to 20 minutes or until a candy thermometer reaches 305F.
5. pour the toffee into a greased pan and let it cool. when cool enough to handle, scoop a small portion of toffee and with your hands, roll the toffee into a small bite-size mound. repeat with rest of toffee.
6. place toffee mounds on a tray lined with wax paper and allow to set.
7. wrap and twist individually in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. serve.
Click HERE for more Spooktacular Halloween Food and Fun