Guest Author - Michelle Matile
Brownies are a favorite chocolate dessert. This recipe is only for the serious chocolate lovers. Besides having chocolate chips in them, each individual brownie is stuffed with an Oreo. Celebrate all your favorite occasions with these crowd pleasing brownies. Replace cupcakes or cake for a birthday with the irresistible treats. The brownies already look like a cupcake and can be frosted with your favorite frosting or covered with melted chocolate. Another option is to top each brownie with ice cream and turn it into a brownie sundae.
Individual Oreo Brownie Recipe
Makes about 15
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon instant coffee
1 1/2 cups all purpose-flour
1 cup baking cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk chocolate chips
15 Oreo cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt the butter, sugar, and the instant coffee in a medium sauce pan. Melt the sugar until it has dissolved, do not let it boil.
3. While the butter is melting, line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
4. Once melted, set aside to slightly cool.
5. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla.
6. Add the flour, cocoa, and baking soda to the eggs and stir until combined.
7. Whisk the melted butter into the flour mixture. Mix in half of the butter at a time.
8. Stir in the chocolate chips.
9. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of batter in each liner.
10. Place one cookie on top of the batter in each liner. Slightly push down on the cookie until the batter comes up on the sides of the cookie.
11. Cover the cookies with more brownie batter. Do not fill it all the way to the top, leave about an inch of space.
12. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
13. Optional: Drizzle chocolate over the finished brownie or frost with your favorite icing.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!