Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Drum Solo Routines on Youtube
There are so many videos available on Youtube that you can see just about any dance routine known to man. On the topic of drum solos, I have selected several wonderful routines for your view.
When I typed in "drum solo bellydance", I did not realize how many would pop up. There were so many videos. Should you have the time, take a look at them all.
Looking at most of them, there were many performances in restaurants and in night clubs. With such small space provided for the belly dancer, I must commend them on their performances. In some restaurants and night clubs, you can easily tell that the audience was into the dance, and in other settings, the audience was not so well mannered.
Several factors went into the selection of the videos that I am about to list. First, the quality of the video. There were some videos that were filmed in poor lighting. The dancer and most of all, her movements, were not easily captured on film. Second, the setting. There were some performances that were done where it was too crowded, people moving around and about, or the music equipment was in the way. Third, the dancer had to have a good understanding of a drum solo. I looked to see if the dancer was precise and if she had good combinations.
In no ranking order, here are some of the routines that you must see:
1. Rachel Brice Drum Solo. In this routine, Rachel does a great job with her undulations. She is dancing in a studio with two dumbek players. The beat is not that fast, but she is able to accentuate her moves very well. You will notice that she is dressed in Tribal wear. While dancing, she maintains her position near the dumbek players.
2. Belly Dancer Hiba Drum Solo. This woman is fantastic with her beautiful curves. Her energy level is maintained throughout this video. It is somewhat short, but you can see that she just maintains her moves well with the fast beat. Her costume does her body well and the beads that are centered on her skirt move just right with her shimmies. To cover her torso, this dancer used a sexy, black lace to connect her top to her skirt.
3. Ibtissam Belly Dance Drum Solo. This dancer uses great travel steps as part of her drum solo. There is a cute hop move that she does in the beginning of her routine. Take a look at her beautiful costume. Her gloves bring out her arm movements. She also has an amazing shimmy that she does often throughout the routine.
4. Anaissa's Bellydance Lounge-Drum Solo. One look at this dancer and you are just moved by her beauty. A great gold costume with a winning smile. She is dancing in a small space and works it to her advantage. Her pops and tucks are a must see. She uses her long hair with her turns. Check it out.
5. American Belly Dancing Mariah Drum Solo. This dancer uses layering in her drum solo. The beat is slow enough, so that way she can show off her moves. What impresses me the most with this routine, is where she focuses her eyes. When she does hip drops she looks down at her hips. Amazing curtain background and the crowd just loves her performance.
6. Aleya (Bellydance) Drum Solo Live! When the dumbek players start, she immediately gets the crowd involved in her dance. She knows when to hit the accents of the drum with great hip drops.
7. Djamila-Drum Solo-Bauchtanz Bellydance. Look at her unique costume! It is a skirt/pants bottom, in such a beautiful pale blue. Her body is so well toned, that you can see her moves well.
8. Drum Solo from I Love Turkish Belly Dance DVD. The dancer performs with several dumbek players and the beat is very slow and sensual. Because of this, she is able exaggerate her moves.
9. Belly Dance Drum Solo With Zahira. Now, I have seen dancers performing at a restaurant, but this dancer really works it well! In this restaurant setting, the dancer is just full of energy. Just non-stop energy! She starts at one end of the area and goes to the next with great travel moves.
10. Bellydancing Superstars-Sonia Drum Solo. This dancer performs with one dumbek player. They work very well together, and the dumbek player gets the audience involved in the performance. While she is performing, she keeps eye contact with the dumbek player.
11. "Steppin" Out of 1940's Bellydance Routine 3-Drum Solo. In this performance, the dancers have a unique costume that captures the essence of the '40s. You have to see the costume. It is one of a kind.
Like I stated earlier, there are so many others to watch. Have fun looking at them.
| Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Ronnette Ramirez. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Ronnette Ramirez. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Ronnette Ramirez for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.