Guest Author - Michelle Matile
Create a signature drink for your holiday party and treat your guests to a
chocolate candy cane martini. This martini is a festive drink for Christmas.
After Christmas you can use leftover candy canes to create this martini for New
Year’s Eve. The martini is made with vanilla vodka, chocolate liqueur, and
peppermint extract. If you have peppermint schnapps you can add in place of the
extract. It is sweet and refreshing. A stress free way to entertain is to have
your signature martini prepared in a pitcher before everyone arrives. In
addition to this martini peppermint hot chocolate is a delicious drink to
share. Basic hot chocolate is kicked up a notch with peppermint schnapps and
chocolate liqueur. There may be guests who do not drink alcohol or are not old
enough. You can serve a virgin peppermint hot chocolate. In place of the
chocolate liqueur and peppermint schnapps use cream and peppermint extract.
Chocolate Candy Cane Martini Recipe
1 cup Vanilla Vodka
1/3 cup chocolate liqueur (I used Godiva)
1/3 cup Heavy Cream or half and half
1/4 teaspoon Peppermint extract
Crushed candy canes
1. Fill a wide bowl with water. Line a second wide bowl with crushed candy
2. Dip a martini glass in the water.
3. Dip the same martini glass in the crushed candy canes.
4. Combine the vodka, chocolate liqueur, cream, and peppermint extract in a
shaker with ice.
5. Shake and then pour into the martini glass.
6. Optional: garnish with a candy cane.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Recipe
1 oz. peppermint schnapps
1 oz. chocolate liqueur (I used Godiva)
Prepared hot chocolate
1. Pour the chocolate liqueur and the peppermint schnapps in a mug.
2. Pour the hot chocolate in the mug.
3. Optional: garnish with whipped cream and a candy cane.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate.