Guest Author - Michelle Matile
Make mini ice cream sandwiches for a birthday or any celebration. These desserts are fun and easy to create. I made these with mocha ice cream. However, you can replace with a recipe for your favorite ice cream. Store bought ice cream can also be used instead of making homemade ice cream. I found small Styrofoam ice cream containers with lids online. These make it easy to transport the treats; however, they are not necessary. Line a cupcake pan with liners and fill with the ice cream.
Mini Ice Cream Cakes Recipe
Mocha ice cream (recipe below)
Chocolate cookie filling (recipe below)
1 (8 oz.) container of whipped topping
10 (6 oz.) Styrofoam ice cream containers with lids (cupcake wrappers can be used in place, simply fill the ice cream while the papers are lined in a cupcake pan).
1. Add 1/4 cup of ice cream to each cup.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of cookie filling to each cup.
3. Top with an additional 1/4 cup of ice cream (this will use all of the ice cream).
4. Top with the whipped topping (divide the entire container between all 10).
5. Optional: top with colored sprinkles.
Mocha Ice Cream Recipe
Makes 1.5 quarts
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons instant coffee
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 tablespoon vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1. Whisk together the milk, coffee, cocoa, vanilla, and sugar in a large bowl for 1-2 minutes or until all ingredients are dissolved.
2. Whisk in the cream.
3. Add to your ice cream maker and follow the modelís instructions.
Chocolate Cookie Filling Recipe
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 cup chocolate
24 Oreo cookies
1. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a small sauce pan until melted.
2. Crumb the Oreo cookies in a food processor or blender.
3. Add the cookies to the melted chocolate.
4. Store any leftovers in an airtight container. This makes a great topping and there will be leftovers.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!