Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Chocolate Toffee Recipes
Toffee is a candy made by heating sugar and butter until it forms a consistency that will harden while cooling. The original candy remains hard but yet has a bit of chewiness. This candy can be messy to make and a bit tricky to reach the designated temperature required in reaching the hard consistency. These toffee bar recipes are a quick treat to whip up and best of all they are easy. The first recipe uses graham crackers to make toffee. The second recipe is more like a bar cookie rather than a candy. Both are delicious!
Graham Cracker Toffee Recipe
7 full graham cracker sheets
3/4 stick of butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup toffee chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a pan with aluminum foil. I used a 9x13 pan; you can use something similar or a cookie sheet.
3. Break each sheet of graham cracker in half.
4. Arrange them on the foil placing them as close as possible to each other.
5. Melt butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan on medium heat.
6. Once it starts to boil, lower the heat and allow it to bubble for 2 minutes.
7. Stir in the vanilla.
8. Pour over the graham crackers. Each cracker needs to be completely covered.
9. Bake for 10 minutes.
10. After taking out of the oven immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips.
11. Allow the chocolate to melt for 5 minutes.
12. Spread the chocolate with a spatula to cover the bars completely.
13. Sprinkle with toffee chips.
14. Allow to cool and break apart.
Toffee Bar Recipe
Makes 30 bars
1 1/2 sticks of butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 egg yolk
2 cups flour
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup toffee chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine sugar, butter, egg yolk, and vanilla.
3. Stir in flour.
4. Spread in a 13x9 pan.
5. Bake for about 25 minutes.
6. Once bars are out of the oven sprinkle chocolate chips on them.
7. Allow the chocolate to melt for 5 minutes.
8. Spread the melted chocolate evenly over the bars to cover completely.
9. Sprinkle with toffee chips.
10. Allow to cool before cutting.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2014 by Michelle Matile. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Michelle Matile. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Michelle Matile for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.