Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Chocolate Cake Recipe
Chocolate cake is a dessert staple. It is the base of many wonderful desserts. A good chocolate cake recipe can be used for layer cakes, chocolate trifles, bundt cakes, or turned into cupcakes. You can decorate them with ganache, frostings, or glazes. But it is important to have that go to chocolate cake. This cake does not take much longer to prepare and bake than a boxed cake mix. The results are delicious. The cake is moist and rich. Make it for your next holiday party, birthday, or any gathering you want to impress your guests.
It's great if you can follow the recipe. However, there are a few possible substitutions for this cake. This cake calls for buttermilk. If you do not have buttermilk on hand add one tablespoon of vinegar to a cup of regular milk. Stir this until combined and allow to sit for a few minutes to thicken. Also in this cake I used instant coffee. You do not need to use instant coffee. Any cup of your favorite coffee can be used.
Chocolate Cake Recipe
2 cups white sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup boiling water
2 teaspoons instant coffee
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease two round cake pans (8 or 9 inch).
3. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until combined with an electric mixer.
5. Add oil, buttermilk, and vanilla and beat until combined.
6. Slowly beat in the dry ingredients, a little bit at a time.
7. Combine the boiling water and coffee in a separate bowl until the coffee is dissolved.
8. Stir this coffee into the batter.
9. Stir in the chocolate chips.
10. Pour batter into the two cake pans. The batter will be somewhat thin.
11. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Once the cake has cooled, frost it with your favorite frosting, ganache or glaze.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2014 by Michelle Matile. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Michelle Matile. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Michelle Matile for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.