Guest Author - danielle barone
To keep hair healthy and beautiful it must be cared for everyday. The following natural suggestions can help you to keep your hair color vibrant and in good condition.
1. Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner with a sunscreen every time you wash your hair. For blondes, using conditioner is essential because hair that is colored tends to be dry and fragile at times. The moisturizing ingredients will help to keep your hair healthy, and the sunscreen will let you avoid the drying and discoloration the sun can cause. If you hair becomes frizzy or dry, try applying a little extra conditioner and leaving it in the hair without rinsing. This will also help to detangle the hair and prevent breakage.
2. Remember that it is helpful to avoid hair care products that contain Citric Acid. This ingredient sometimes can cause blonde hair to turn an unattractive shade of orange toned blonde over time. Citric acid can also be drying to the hair. Finding a shampoo and conditioner that does not contain citric acid can be a challenge, but there are a few very good hair care products on the market that are made specically for colored hair. Taking some time to read ingredient labels on hair care products is a wise investment in the beauty of your hair.
3. If you are able to successfully color your own hair, or know someone that can do it for you then you are blessed. But if you are like the rest of us, and you find that leaving hair color up to the professionals works best then thatís a good thing too. As women, so much of the way we feel about ourselves is invested in how we look, especially how our hair looks. Having a beautiful hair color is one of many things that can help you to feel good about yourself. Therefore, I recommend visiting with a hair professional for a color consultation to discuss what you want and need, and what would look best on you. A hair colorist is a educated professional with lots of experience coloring hair. I think that finding a good colorist and investing in the relationship with this person is wise. Finding a good hair colorist is like finding a good doctor. They are both important because they both have your well being in their hands. You can find a good colorist by good old fashioned word of mouth. Ask the women you know if they can recommend you to a good hair colorist. And donít be shy, the next time you see a woman with a beautiful shade of haircolor, take the time to ask her who does her hair. As women we love to share our beauty secrets, and helping another woman to feel good about herself is always a good thing.
4. Take occasional breaks from using hot styling products. Whenever possible implement simple hair saving strategies such as letting your hair dry naturally. (Imagine how nice it would feel to have the wind blowing through your hair on a spring day. )Having a hair style that is easy to keep is also another good way to avoid damaging products, not to mention the time a simple hairstyle will save you in the morning to get ready.
5. Keep in mind that long hair past a certain age can be aging and hair that is cut into a nice style can make you look younger. Keeping your hair healthy with occasional trimming to avoid split ends, can contribute to the overall beauty of your hair. It can also to help you to feel cared for.
6. Blonde hair that has multiple shades of blonde looks younger and more natural than one flat color that can look aging and fake. This can be achieved by asking your colorist to try color with highlights. In this process the colorist applies highlights and carefully wraps hair sections in foil. Then she applies hair color to the rest of the hair on your scalp. The result is beautiful blonde hair that has different tones in it, just as natural blonde hair does.