There is a lot of online websites where, for free, you can find someone interested in learning your language. In exchange, you can learn a foreign language.
I have been looking for some sites that may be interesting in case you want to learn/practice Spanish:
- Italki.com This community is a social network where you can meet people from all over the world. This platform offers, apart from messaging and forum features, a live voice chat to meet your friends and practice in real time.
- Polyglot Similar to ITalki, it is a non-profit organition that obtained the E.U. Language Label Award 2007. They offer, apart from the possibility of finding language partners, the chance to arrange "real life" meetings... all around the globe.
- Busuu.com, as mentioned in their website, is a project of the UNESCO's International Year of Languages. Based in Madrid, is also an online community where you can learn, in this case, Spanish, using their materials and making new contacts, to practice what you learn. It is right now in beta, so you'll be able to access everything completely for free, before they lunch their next version!
- TandemCity.com is a 100% free option, and only requires you to become a member and start looking for language partners. They run chat rooms, public or private, where you can chat online and practice your Spanish But they haven't got sound/video chat, but recommend Skype.
- Finally, I found this site: SpeakMania.com, which is also free. All you have to do, as in most of this type of sites, is creating your profile and start searching. SpeakMania features include video-audio-chat and anguage partners search.
I hope you find this information useful. Feel free to drop us a line about your experience with any of these websites, thought the Spanish Language Forum.
Learn Spanish with SpanishPod.com
Learn Spanish with free lessons, vibrant community, web review, vocab study & more.