Your wedding hair is almost as important as your wedding dress on your wedding day. Your hair will either enhance the beauty of your dress or detract from it. Wearing a tiara or crown and a veil is a lovely way to include your hairstyle as part as your total wedding look.
The tiara and the veil in this picture are two separate pieces. The hair style becomes the third part of her wedding head piece.
This bride’s hair is long. It is trimmed into long layers and reaches several inches below her shoulders.
- To design this look, first decide where you want the tiara to be placed on your head. Try different areas to see which looks best. The design of the tiara and your face shape will dictate its placement.
- Part off the bang or fringe area to be just in front of the tiara. Clip that hair out of the way.
- Take small sections around the crown of the head and tease or back-comb them tightly at the base. These will only need to be at the center of where the curls will be. Tease no more than one half inch of the hair at the base of the strand. Use hair spray to lock in the teasing.
- Begin creating curls. Use a curling iron if needed. Roll the hair over your fingers, forming curls and twists. Slide a bobby pin into the curl – hiding it inside the curl – and anchoring it into the teasing.
- Continue the rolling and pinning until all of the hair in back is formed into curls and pinned into place.
- When all of the hair is used up, you may want to rearrange the curls to form a more symmetrical cluster before finishing with hair spray.
- Unclip and smooth the bang or fringe area over the forehead and tuck the ends into the curls at the side. You may need to shape the bangs with an extra large curling iron or smooth them with a flat iron. Anchor the ends with a bobby pin and spray with hair spray.
- Place the tiara in front of the curls. Gently insert the ends into the curls, making sure they are concealed.
- Finish the style by tucking the veil under the curls at the back of the head. If the veil is attached to a comb, anchor it firmly. If it simply has eyelets attached, use bobby pins to anchor it into the curls.
Perfect Wedding Hair - Ebook
Your wedding day.
Perfect in every way with
"Perfect Wedding Hair" Ebook.
EBook - Updos for Every Occassion
Updos for parties, proms,
weddings or the office.
Follow these simple instructions
to begin creating them yourself!