Guest Author - Michelle Matile
Cheesecake bars are an easy and delicious treat. These bars start with a crust
of Oreo cookies. The crust is topped with a cream cheese layer filled with
peanut butter cups. You can make so many variations. Replace the peanut butter
cups with your chunks of your favorite candy bar. These bars are a great
dessert for a pot luck or any large group.
Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Bars
6 tablespoons butter, melted
24 Oreo cookies
2 (8 oz. packages) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
14 Reese’s Miniature Peanut Butter Cups
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Line a 9x9 or 8x8 baking pan with aluminum foil, with 2-3 inches of foil
hanging over the side.
3. Crush the Oreo cookies into crumbs in a food processor or blender.
4. Combine the crumbs with the melted butter.
5. Press the crumbs into the foil lined pan.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
7. Prepare the filling ingredients after you remove the Oreo crust from the
oven. This gives the crust a few minutes to cool.
8. Chop each peanut butter cup into 4-6 pieces each.
9. Beat the cream cheese for a minute with an electric mixer in a large mixing bowl.
10. Add the sugar until the sugar is completely combined.
11. Beat the eggs in, one at a time.
12. Beat in the vanilla.
13. Stir in the chopped peanut butter cups.
14. Spread the batter over the cooled crust.
15. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
16. Allow the cheesecake bars to cool for 2 hours on the counter, then
17. Allow the bars to cool for an additional 2 hours in the refrigerator.
18. When ready to serve the bars, lift them from the pan by gently lifting the
19. Cut into 16 bars.
20. Optional: Drizzle the bars with additional chocolate or a combination of
melted chocolate and melted peanut butter. This is only optional, the bars are delicious on their own.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!