Easy Gift Tags or Hang Tags
Hang tags can also be used to decorate gift sets or anywhere that a label is needed. Hang tags can be used instead of a soap cigar band to label soap simply by wrapping soap with a pretty paper and tying a hang tag to label it.
This project is a finished project meaning that all the components are complete and the only thing that is needed is for you to print the design on paper or cardstock.
The Black and white designs can be printed on any color paper. If you want a gift tag with a green background, then use green or whatever color cardstock paper you wish. Cardstock paper is a heavier weight paper much like the type used for greeting cards. Any other stiff kind of paper can be used also. The designs that are colored are for those with really good printers that can print those highly saturated colors that are the backdrop to the designs.
The hang tags are very customizable. They come in different colors and they are available as plain black and white files to print on whatever color card stock paper you wish. These are the designs and colors:
There are 3 designs:
- Modern Flower - features a modern flower and the words "A gift for you"
- Happy Holidays - features a modern Santa and the words "Happy Holidays"
- Simple Flower - features a simple, pretty flower illustration with the word "A gift for you". This design is available only in black and white.
Yellow, Green(light green), Dark Green, Light Blue, Pink (light pink), Dark Pink, Beige and Purple.
- Each hang tag is 2 inches x 3 inches.
- There are 9 per page and the page size is 8.5" x 11"
- The graphics used in the document are Tiff files
- The labels are for personal use
- If someone makes bath and body products and sells them and needs to use a couple if you email me and ask, I will allow you to use them if certain conditions are met.
Hang Tags are available for download below:
Update: 11/30/09 The files that are referenced in this article have been moved. I changed servers and am looking for the files. In the meantime please see this link to get other free hand tags. Sorry to those users who bookmarked the links.
Free Gift Tags
Instructions for Use
1. Download the file and save. Open in Microsoft Publisher. First thing you want to do is to organize your workspace. Check the Zoom Button to zoom in on the file so you are able to get a better view of the tiny details on the hangtag. I like to set the zoom to 100 or 150%. The file is already setup with all the hang/gift tags in place. Either you can print as is and handwrite the 'To' and 'From' areas or type in your information.
2. Next step is to add your own text box if you want to type in the To: and From: area. To add a text Box GOTO ---- THE TOP MENU BAR AND ------ INSERT ---- TEXT BOX. The text box is dragged across the page and can be resized or shifted up or down. The hang tags can be printed as is and finished by hand to add that personal touch.
3. Once the file is customized and printed, it is easy to cut them out with scissors or a paper cutter.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
How To Make Soap Hang Tags in Microsoft Publisher
Holiday Soap Cigar Band and Soap Wrap
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Winsome Tapper. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Winsome Tapper. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.