A new series I'd like to introduce for 2009 is F1 Fans, where we put some simple questions to the fans of the sport, in order that we can learn from each other. I love hearing about other people's experiences of Formula 1 - how they watch a race, and where they get their news from - and it's lovely to hear when people do the exact same thing as yourself.
With that in mind, I've put together a quick questionnaire to be filled in. The answers should be more than one word, but don't have to be paragraphs full. If you are interested in joining in with this new series, please prepare your answers and email them to me here: formulaone [at] bellaonline.com.
Here are the questions:
- How long have you been an F1 fan?
- Do you remember the first race you watched?
- Do you support a certain driver/team? If so, what is it about them that you like?
- Have you been to any races? Would you recommend going?
- Did you enjoy the 2008 season?
- How do you feel about the huge change in regulations for 2009?
- Do you think the credit crunch will affect Formula 1 in a negative way?
- Do you think proposed changes such as medals instead of points, or a new qualifying format will benefit the sport?
- Do you think F1 will return to well-loved circuits such as Indianapolis and Canada? Or is it simply where the money is?
- Who would you like to see win the championship in the future?
- Any predictions for 2009?
- How do you enjoy a race weekend? With friends? Online? Do you watch all the sessions?
- How do you get your F1 news?
- What's the most important thing to you about Formula 1?
- How would you encourage any new fans to start following the sport?
I hope you will join in this series with me, so we can all hear from each other and find out how other people enjoy the sport. If you have a Formula 1 related website that you run, perhaps a blog, then I can give you a quick shout out in the introduction as well.
Thanks in advance.